8. THE FORGOTTEN PLEASURE

O L I V I A

My rushed pace had fallen into an icy trap. The trees of the woods hitched the snow's lingering descent onto the pearly-white ground. And there she was, controlled by her own illusion. Stella ceased to prey on her own, pressing her hand on the trunk of the pine tree that stood taller than her state of mind. I reached out for her only to be stopped by her gaze. Those eyes were seeking an end as they held mine, begging to be freed.

Her mouth opened apart but I only heard the wisp of the cold wind. And before I could even blink, she held up the knife to her throat and pierced herself without any hesitation. Her blood poured like a fire on the snow and when I stepped forward to reach for her again, I was pulled out suddenly from that tragic memory.

A gasp escaped out of my throat as if I was drowning. And I instantly sprung up to finally realize that it was just another dream. Then almost in an instant, I felt an ache all over my body and a jolt of pain between my legs. But the hiss I freed from my mouth faltered when my eyes landed on a familiar figure beside me.

In total surprise, my body reacted as I shot up from the bed. But I was more shocked when I gathered that I was bare naked. Then the lingerie I wore last night was scattered on the floor including a hoodie jacket which clearly doesn't belong to me. Fearing that she was gonna wake up, I carefully snatched those fabrics and hugged them on my chest before hurrying out of our shared room. The pain between my legs wasn't helping but I had managed to get into the bathroom.

Then I stood in front of the mirror and nearly screamed murder once I saw my body.

"Oh, what the beejesus?!"

Covering my mouth, I double-checked myself and I looked like I was in an örgy festival last night. There were red marks all over my chest and it wasn't really rocket science that they were damn hickeys! Not to mention, the two bites on my shoulder and another one on my hips. The fear and confusion in my eyes hinted that I was panicking already.

What?! What the freaking hell happened last night?! Did Brielle and I‑—— Shït! No! This can't be! I can't remember anything!

But she was fully clothed, right? Yeah, she wasn't naked when I left her in our room. Did it mean that I was —— I was harassed? Did she take advantage of me when I was unconscious because of that drink that those bitchēs gave to me?

Why would she do that?! The last thing I know, she hated me. Damn! I wanted to deny it all but the sore between my legs was already enough proof that something impossible occurred last night between us.

At that moment, I wanted to shed tears. I was appalled— and ashamed of myself. Sure, I was impulsive and wild in the past but I was really careful. I didn't imagine that I would find myself in this situation. Of all people... Brielle, the Bree that I met that night in my hometown, had done something so unpredictable like this. I never envisioned her as someone like that. She was just an adorable tarsier who gave me a second chance in life. While her main persona was nowhere affectionate once I met her just a couple of days ago.

Or maybe there was some other explanation for this? Maybe it wasn't really her to begin with. But— But the last thing I remember I was in her arms last night .... before I blacked out.

Wait! Could it be...

Shaking my head, I tossed the clothes in the laundry basket before I stepped under the shower. To ease my body, I took a hot bath while jogging my brain at the same time on what I needed to do. It already happened and it was clearly out of my control so I shouldn't beat myself up. I just didn't know how would I face her from now on. But mostly, I was scared of what might be her reaction when she woke up.