2.5

a/n : please yall this week was a mess anyways hoping to get these updates out quicker here ya go!

please comment, vote, and react!

✰✰✰

IT'S RAINING THE NEXT DAY.

A full-on thunderstorm - pouring rain, echoing thunder, the overall tired, gloomy feeling.

Except, the last part had no part on Spencer. Usually, the weather had a pretty good effect on Spencer - she was happy when it was sunny, irritable in the rain - but not today. Spencer wasn't upset, not at all.

She didn't even bother to fight when Bruce requested that she joined Natasha in the gym.

It was 8:57 when Spencer pushed open the door to the facility, her head still buzzing like it had been all night. All night. Spencer Banner was running on very limited sleep, and she didn't even mind it - not that much.

"Hey, Natasha!" she called out, approaching the woman who was hanging on the left side of the gym,

Bruce was by her side and looked up. His expression showed that he was mildly surprised by Spencer's excitement.

"Hey, Spencer," Natasha greeted, unphased. "I heard we're partners today."

Spencer studied Natasha for a moment, before looking over to Bruce. "Partners?" she repeated. "For what? I thought we were doing some more testing today."

Bruce didn't respond to this - not immediately. Instead, he let the silence prompt Spencer into a conclusion of its own.

"Oh?" Spencer said, pulling her eyes from Bruce back to Natasha. "Oh, no, no! Dad, don't you think this is a bad idea?" Spencer stressed. "We're almost friends now-"

"That's sweet," Natasha noted with a smile, glancing down at Bruce.

"And you are seriously threatening that progress," Spencer continued on, offering a small, forced smile to Natasha. "With this."

"You're not afraid of a little spar, are you?" Natasha questioned, sarcastically, like she was trying to get Spencer to be defensive.

But Spencer didn't fall for it. She's not an idiot - this is an Avenger in front of her. A highly trained Avenger - one of the ones without magical powers or whatever. 

Spencer considered this, seriously. "Yes, I am," she confirmed with a nod of her head. "And I am definitely afraid of fighting her - she could kill me, Dad."

Bruce shook his head. "She's not going to kill you, Spence-"

"Maybe, if I'm green or something," Spencer agreed, halfheartedly. "But if I didn't change? What's stopping her?" Spencer prompted. "I'm 18 now - it's legal for her to beat me up if provoked."