//Chapter//

*DO NOT MISS THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END*

Bondita was done packing her bags. She was just going through the room doing last minute brushing. Books? Check. Keys? Check. Coat? Check. And most importantly, ticket? She rummaged her bag, and check! All was set. She just needs to wear her watch and she was all set to leave. Yeah, leave. 

"Bihari! Zara jaakar dekho Choti tayyar hui jaane ko ki nhi? Gaadi ka samay ho rha hai." Trilochan Roy Chaudhary instructed with a trembling voice. Choti ke sath sath aaj dil ka ek tukda bhi jaane wala tha. Choti, his very dear bahu. Um, actually, she was no more his bahu. Trilochan quickly wiped his tears. That day was still fresh in his memory. 

5 years ago

The Roy Chaudhary Haveli was decorated with white lilies all around. There were yellow fairy lights in every possible corner. The room smelled of incense sticks. A lavish dinner party was planned. The feast consisted of aamsotto chutney, uchhe bhaja, potol posto, chanar dalna, alur dum, luchi, chawal, mishti doi and definitely ek badam wale roshogulle. It was Roy Chaudhary bahu's 18th birthday. And everything was planned according to their sweet Bondita's taste. 

Bondita was spell bound with such preparation. She has always been a part of planning committee. Always planning and executing parties, pujas, surprises, for others. But she never expected something of this sort for herself. She was overwhelmed and all this was going to make it all the more difficult to stick to her plan. She had a very important work in her hand and she needs to do it today itself at any cost. 

The party was a blast. Everyone enjoyed to the fullest. After everyone left, Bondita and Aniruddha were sitting in his study like every other day. It was their time of the day. Either they used to talk, read novel, discuss about cases, sometimes sit in silence and let the gramophone do its work, and whereas on other days just fight like bulls. But today something was amiss. Bondita wasn't in her element. She was lost, as if she wanted to let something out but couldn't. Aniruddha waited for a long time, but at the end, his patience gave up. 

"Kya baat hai Bondita? Aaj bohot kati kati si lag rhi ho. Sab theek hai na? Party pasand nhi ayi kya?" He asked keeping himself in check. With her he understood, anger isn't the key to answers. 

"Nhi aisa kuch nhi hai Barrister Babu. Bas kuch soch rhi thi. Asal me kuch kehna hai, par thoda samay denge aap?" She said looking into his eyes. Her eyes were full of confusion and worry. On the other hand, Aniruddha nodded, but did not miss the tone and definitely Barrister Babu. It was after very long he heard her call him that. He somehow got used to her Pati Babu

Bondita silently got up, left his study, leaving a confused Aniruddha behind. After sometime she came back, but didn't bring anything with her. Why did she go out? But before he could ask her anything, worried Trilochan, Binoy, Somnath and Battuk came behind in hurry. He was right. Something was amiss. 

"Kya hua Aniruddha? Tumne bahu ko kuch kaha kya? Itni raat gaye hame study me vo bhi itni hadbadi me kyu bulaya hai?" Trilochan asked Aniruddha with a presumption that the reason for his bahu's misery was his beta. 

"Arre kaka maine kuch nhi kaha. Hum to itne der se shaant hi baithe hai. Usne kaha ki kuch batana hai par batane ki jagah aap sabko yaha le ayi." Aniruddha replied in hurry, eyeing Trilochan and Bondita simultaneously. How wonderfully his family can make him guilty. 

"Bonditaaa! Kya baat hai beta. Janamdin wale din muh kyu utra hua  hai tumhara aur hum sabko kyu bulaya?" Binoy asked his beti, his bahu, ignoring the two men. How easily they always deviate from the main topic, he thought with a sigh.