bria's interlude

today's lesson is going to be about how to build a plot & characters. (we talked about characters already but that shit was unorganized.)

BRAINSTORMING
CHARACTERS
CONFLICT .

brainstorming: wtf is yo plot about ? if you can't make your own get inspired by music, tv, other ppl books (give credits where its due.) & plotshops.

it's very easy to get an idea for a plot. its just about how you word it and shit. (we'll talk about that shit most likely next chapter .)

personally, i get inspired by music.

characters: most people on wattpad story characters be the same, lmao. y'all need new ideas. & y'all need to make sure your character has character development.

if your mc is based off of real life issues (ex: the mfs pops pills), you gotta make some type of character development! don't bring up a rape scene once or twice in the book and that shit dont come up again.

how to build a character 101 with the baddest bitch.

TIANA
aggressive
blunt
sassy
cocky.
TRAITS FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
anger issues.
why is she like this? everyone has to have a reason they act the way they do.
lets say she's a older sibling & had to be a mother for her younger siblings. now she has to get character development for her anger issues.

create a character that will have your readers hooked on & wanting to read more. if your character isn't interesting then wtf is it? give that bitch some flaws and shit. what is that mf fear? it can be micheal jackson. like do anything to have your characters wanting to read more.

what are your characters skills ? what are your character flaws/fears.

skills

playing violin
coloring
boxing.

flaws

messy
ruthless
short temper.

fears

• clowns
cotton
being broke
missing out

with these you can build a whole ass character.

conflict: if im not mistaken i talked about this earlier but we shall do it again!

internal conflict is when character is battling with self.

ex : tiana is a alcoholic, she wants to change. battling with herself to go to rehab or grab another and just drink it away.

external conflict is when battling with others.

ex : tiana is battling with her mother, because tiana  raised the kids and her mother is trying to come back.

i feel like this is how your book should be written out. (i like reading books with 50+ chapters in it sooo.)

1-5: exposition/ meeting.

6-15: rising action.

15-31 : climax

32-42: falling action

43- however longer you want: resolution