SOUL BOND

AUTHOR NOTE: Give me a moment to recover from the last chapter.......;-)

ATHENA

I grumbled hacking away at one of the training dummies, how dare Merlin just take of like that, he'd bolted as soon as I had said that Arthur was in trouble. I knew why of course but he still could have taken me with him, but he had said that if there was a bounty on Arthur then there was probably a bounty on Morgana too and he wanted someone to stay here and protect her while he went of looking for Arthur. 

I growled again knowing that he was right and hating it, it had been two years since I had come to Camelot and the Lady Morgana and I had become very close, we talked about everything nothing of limits, well for her anyway. I still hadn't told her who I was but it was getting harder and harder to keep it a secret, my feelings for Morgana were starting to become more than friendly and it scared the hell out of me. 

How could I tell her I loved her if she didn't even know the real me? I spun viciously cutting of one of the heads and someone clapped behind me.            

"Now what did that dummy ever do to you?" I grinned at Morgana who just smirked at me raising an eyebrow. I shrugged and she laughed giving me a knowing look.                                           

"I take it Merlin left to go after Arthur?" she said and I snarled stabbing my sword into the dirt, she laughed at me as I pouted.                                                                                                                               

"You didn't want to go with?" I tried not to snap at her, she was only asking and considering Merlin and I had been joined at the hip since I got here it was a fair question and I sighed looking at her. 

"He needed someone to stay here and protect yo...Camelot" I said quickly switching the end of my sentence knowing that Morgana hated it when Merlin or Arthur said she needed protecting. 

She raised her eyebrow at me clearly guessing what I had tried to hide, walking over she gave me a hug. 

"Don't worry Merlin will be fine his lasted this long" I smiled eternally grateful that she was trying to make me feel better.

"Come on as my brother is not here it has fallen to me to attend the council meetings until he gets back" Morgana dragged me towards the castle and I groaned digging my heels in. 

"Ugh no I don't want to" I said sounding like a five year old and Morgana laughed shaking her head at me and tugging on my arm. 

I loved that laugh and I grinned in spite of myself, and we walked into the council chambers taking our places at the Round Table. I hated council meetings, they were so boring I tuned them out most of the time unless it involved the Knights. 

I was day dreaming about Thea when I felt Merlin open a connection in my mind.

"I have the King we are heading home" Merlin said and I grinned a weight having been lifted from my shoulders once I knew that Merlin was ok. 

Morgana gave me a knowing look as if saying told you so and I stuck my tongue out at her causing her to laugh.

"Something funny My Lady?" one of the noblemen asked and Morgana's cheeks burned with embarrassment and I coughed trying to hide my own laugh at the look on her face, she shook her head and waved her hand telling him to continue as she glared at me half-heartedly.

"The harvest......." he continued droning on and I sighed trying not to bang my head against the table. 

Perhaps if I gave myself a concussion I could get out of it? I snorted at the thought quickly turning into a cough as I received irritated looks from the other council members.