WAR

ARTHUR PENDRAGON

Arthur was furious, he'd been angry with Merlin before it was admittedly nothing new but this was a whole other story. 

Merlin had drugged him along with Morgana so that two whole days passed just so that he could sneak out of Camelot and go god knows where. He was also angry with his servant George for not coming to check on him though it wasn't the manservants fault considering Merlin had told them not to disturb him until this morning. 

Morgana was just as annoyed though she didn't take it out on Gwen knowing that it wasn't her fault, but Arthur had never liked George anyway and it was all too easy to snap at him. Arthur sighed rubbing his eyes, shaking his head he looked up at George who was dutifully drawing him a bath.

"George I'm sorry for snapping it was not your fault" Arthur said gently trying to go for a soothing tone, George looked at him then quickly looked back down at the floor and nodded his head, Arthur resisted the urge to roll his eyes and stepped into the bath quickly dismissing George for the rest of the day feeling bad about how he treated him. 

Merlin called him a prat on a daily basis and from the way he had been acting today it was easy to see why. Arthur had just finished getting dressed when there was a knock on the door and he grunted giving them permission to enter. 

Sir Elyan poked his head around the door an uneasy look on his face causing Arthur to tense.      

"I'm sorry my lord I don't mean to disturb you I was looking for Merlin" he said tentatively and Arthur frowned.                                                                                                                                                            

"Why is that?" he asked trying to sound casual and Elyan scowled.

"I believe that Sir Lancelot and Sir Gawain drugged our drinks the other night" the knight said looking at the floor and shifting uncomfortably as if he was embarrassed. Arthur smiled he had to give Merlin some credit, he hadn't just made sure that he and Morgana were out of commission but the knights too, and thinking back on it they had dosed Gwen as well as he remembered her saying that she had somehow lost two days from sleeping. 

Elyan continued looking worried. 

"I think they may have kidnapped Athena and Merlin and needed us out of the way" Elyan said and Arthur looked at him confused before he realised that Elyan didn't know that they had been acting on Merlins orders in the first place.                                                                                                    

"Damn it Merlin" Arthur said and couldn't help but laugh and Elyan gave him a surprised look, 

"Don't worry Elyan I don't think they did it for malicious intent" Elyan raised an eyebrow and gave him an expectant look.

"I'm pretty sure it was Merlin's idea not the knights of Thea" Elyan frowned prompting Arthur to continue with his train of thought.

"The war council hadn't been going anywhere despite our best intentions we didn't have enough to go on and I think that Merlin and Athena took it upon themselves to get the information we needed" Arthur sighed walking out of his chambers Elyan quickly following. 

Elyan was nodding his head as if it made sense which reassured Arthur that he wasn't just being paranoid.

"But if he was heading into enemy territory why not take us with him?" Elyan asked and Arthur sighed, he'd been wondering that himself.