THE KNIGHTS OF THEA

AUTHOR NOTE: We have gone back a few hours in this one. 

MERLIN

Merlin paced outside his sisters chambers, he knew that his friends were watching him carefully but Merlin barely spared them a glance he was too worried about his sister. 

Arthur had at least managed to get him cleaned up before he left to see his sister which was lucky considering the first few people who saw them had shrieked in panic at the amount of blood he and Arthur had been covered in, they had startled half the kingdom by the time Arthur had pulled him into his chambers ordering George to have a bath ready, Merlin had not been at all bothered by the way he looked when he realised that his sister still hadn't woken up and Arthur had, had to physically restrain him from sprinting out the door. 

Merlin could have used his magic but he wasn't that cruel and he could handle Arthur without it, they had ended up on the floor Merlin on top. 

"If you wanted to be on top you could have just asked" 

Arthur had winked at him and Merlin had froze suddenly realising that he was effectively straddling Arthur and it seemed to be having an effect that neither of them had been anticipating. 

George had then knocked and Merlin had sprung to his feet hauling Arthur up with him as George got Arthurs bath ready, when Merlin had tried to slip out Arthur had grabbed him and ordered him to wash up. 

.....

Merlin came back to the present as he looked back at the door hearing it open as Gaius walked out looking grim and Merlin felt his heart stutter, the others all stood up and rushed over to the old physician .

"How is she?" they asked practically in unison and Gaius raised his eyebrow.                                        

"Merlin was right she just exhausted herself I could not find anything physically wrong with her and she should wake up in a day or two" 

Merlin slumped against the wall in relief and he felt Arthur beside him and he looked up giving his King a weak smile.

"Now the rest of you need your rest as well" Gaius said and the knights thanked him walking off, Merlin was about to do the same when Gaius's sharp tone stopped him.                                         

"Merlin!" Gaius said and Merlin winced at the sound of his name and looked back at his guardian who narrowed his eyes at him.

"I want both you and Arthur to see me in my chambers immediately" he said sternly leaving no room for argument. 

Merlin sighed sharing a pained look with Arthur as they followed the old physician to his chambers, once there he ordered both men to sit as he started pulling out various vials from his work bench.

"Now I have heard all sorts of rumours since you arrived the most prominent being that one of you was clearly injured now who is it?" Gaius said spinning around to face the two men giving both a sharp look as if daring them to defy him. 

Arthur cleared his throat looking for all the world like a chastised child as he slowly held up his hand.

"It was me sorry Gaius I wanted to make sure that Athena was seen too first" 

Merlin looked at him in surprise but Gaius just sighed giving Merlin a pointed look.                              

"As noble as that was Sire I think we both know that, that wasn't the case" Gaius said and Arthur frowned at him.

"You may have been hurt yes but had you still been injured Merlin would have dragged you here himself" 

Arthur shrugged giving Merlin an apologetic look, rolling his eyes and muttering under his breath Merlin slowly took off his shirt letting Gaius see the married bruises that were forming on his chest. The old physician grumbled glaring at his ward who only raised an eyebrow and said