116

STELLA POV

I wake up and I lift my hand to stretch then I stop to look at it. I smile when I see the ring. The ring that means love, promising a future, and everything else that comes with it. The ring that an amazing man gave to me. I can't believe it! I'm engaged!!

I stretch to fully wake myself up then I get out of bed. I go to the bathroom then go downstairs and see Stanley sitting on the couch. He looks back at me and smiles. "Hello, beautiful! Sleep good?" He asks and I nod my head. "What is all this?" I ask him pointing out the books he's looking at. "Sit down." He pats beside him and I smile then sit down. "I was thinking..." He stops and takes a breath then let's it go. "What if we did an engagement party? We haven't told anyone besides my mom and we can tell everyone at the party." He suggests and my head feels fuzzy. That's so much and that's a lot to do. "I mean we just got engaged last night. I'm not sure if we should tell everyone so soon." I tell him and he looks at the books then me. "It doesn't have to be today, honey. We have to plan, plan the date, plan who to invite." He explains and I smile. "You sound like your mom." I tell him and he chuckles.

I think about it over breakfast and sit down with Stanley. "Fine. But your mom is going to help us. I can't deal with all of this with just us 2. You know how my anxiety gets with stuff like this." I tell Stanley and he smiles. "Ok! Deal!" I smile and we hug.

Stanley calls his mom and his mom tells us we can come over. We gather all the books, I don't even know where Stanley got them but whatever. We go over to Elizabeth's and we sit around the table. Elizabeth goes through the books and tells us what we will definitely need. Stanley makes a list.

Elizabeth, Stanley, and I continue planning and some things we agree to disagree, some things we all agree, and some things someone is outnumbered on. It doesn't matter though because the best thing about planning things with Elizabeth is that she doesn't forget that it's not about her.

Some things Stanley and I had to thoroughly talk about and some things I had to stand up to Stanley and tell him no because unlike his mother sometimes he just gets carried away and does what he wants. Elizabeth makes us brownies while we're planning.

"Have you guys even figured out a date?" Elizabeth asks us and our eyes widen. "Crap! No." Stanley tells her and she sighs. "Well the soonest engagement parties usually take place within a few weeks after your engagement. Or six months into wedding planning. What are you guys doing about wedding planning?" Elizabeth asks us and we look at each other then back to her. "Nothing, I guess. We're not ready for wedding planning. I didn't even know we were going to do a party for it." I tell Elizabeth and she nods her head understandingly. "Well, I'd do the engagement party in a few weeks then. It'll also give you guys time to get everything." Elizabeth tells us and Stanley and I look at each other. "What about March 24th?" Stanley asks me and I nod my head. "Ok." I say then look at Elizabeth. "Now where is it going to be? Cuz it's still going to be chilly outside." Elizabeth asks us and we all sit and think.

"What about a nice restaurant? One of those restaurants with a private room." Stanley suggests and we all look at each other. "Ok. That could be peaceful and nice. Plus then we won't have to make our own food." I nod my head in agreement. "Ok. Who's calling?" Elizabeth asks and Stanley and I smile at her. Elizabeth rolls her eyes, chuckles,  and gets up.

Elizabeth comes back to the table and smiles. "Ok. It's all planned!"