Chapter 1: Bye Bye Nanny Whetstone

3rd POV:

Simon and his younger siblings were trying to find a way to get rid of their current Nanny, Nanny Whetstone. Their older sister, Lucy was out in the market getting food, so now was their time to strike. 

They had put the baby in a pot and they were all eating chicken to make it look like they had eaten the baby. When Nanny Whetstone came in she looked angry but soon scared. 

"Where is.... the.......baby?" she asked, her words coming out after a stop as she continued.

She kept asking where the baby was but when she saw the children eating the chicken she thought it was the baby.

She ran out the house screaming 'they eaten the baby'and ran to the palour house, where Mr. Brown was working. 'Bye bye Nanny Whetstone' Simon thaught.

Lucy's POV:

I was walking around the market getting food and clothes when I was almost run over by a horse drawn carraige but someone grabbed me and pulled me back. 

I opened my eyes and stood up in a hurry and looked at who I had landed on. 

''Oh my Lord, I am so sorry. Are you alright?'' I asked the boy, I extended an arm to help him up. He had a cap on with usual clothes boys would where. He looked up at me and I instantly knew who it was.

''Jacob?'' I asked, in case he had forgotten me. He took my extended hand and I pulled him up.He looked into my eyes and it looked like realization clicked.

''Lucy?'' he asked and I nodded. He pulled me into a tight hug and I hugged back. ''OH my God, I haven't you since.....well you know''.

I couldn't stop smiling and hugged him again. I was about to say something when I saw my father running towards home. Jacob noticed as well and we took off sprinting towards home.

When I got there, Jacob and I ran up the stairs and we looked into the playroom to see Papa holding a greasy Aggie and all the others smirking. I sighed and they all looked at the door.

''JACOB'' they all yelled and jumped on him knocking him over.

''Hey guys, long time no see'' he smiled at them. 

''Wow, thanks for all the love guys'' I muttered and Simon got up and hugged me. 

Papa just handed me Aggie without saying anything and said he was going to the agencie to get another Nanny.

I gave Aggie to Tora and she took care of her. She likes that job.

Jacob looked to me with a knowing look and we put all the kids back into the playroom. Jacob sat down with Chrissie on his lab and talked with Eric. I saw Simon walk over to the cupboard and opened it. He hung up a toy version of Nanny Whestone. I looked over his the shoulder into the cupboard.

''3 days, 23 hours and 8 minutes. Eating the baby prank really did it. Well done Eric'' Simon praised him.

''Nice job kids thats 22 hours and 20 minutes faster than the last one'' I praised them and Jacob raised a brow at me. ''What I don't like Nannies as much as they do.'' and he sighed.

He got up and sat on the window seat looking out the window and I went to sit next to him. He wrapped an around me and snuggled into my back and I laughed. 

Jacob and I have been friends since we were babies. Our mothers were friends and we did everything thing together. When Mama died I was too busy taking care of my siblings to hang out with him and he also got a job at the stales in town. 

Evangeline came into the room ''stop it all of you, you are your father distraction''

She then calmed down and sat Chrissie on her lap and took out her book. ''Lily what's this word?''

''Lovingly 'she took his hand lovingly', '' Lily read aloud from the book. I smiled then felt someones hand slip into mine. I look up and see Jacob and he smiled down at me.