Chapter 4: Great Aunt Adelaide

Lucy's POV:

Today was Saturday and I was sitting at the table with the rest of my siblings eating breakfast when Papa comes in holding a letter.

"Good morning children. I just got news that your Great Aunt Adelaide is coming for tea tomorrow''

When those words came out of his mouth all hell broke loose and Jacob just happened to walk into the kitchen.

Aggie was crying, everyone else was moaning and groaning and I got up to get Aggie and calm her down.

Jacob raised a brow at me and I signaled him outside.

"Great Aunt Adelaide"

He knew by those 3 words and he groaned. You see when we were younger GAA, as I am now calling her came to visit she would always make fun of Jacob and I and we didn't like it so we swore hatred to her.

After breakfast, we were all heading to the beach and of course Jacob was coming too.

I looked over saw Seb and Jacob trying to untangle the kite string while Simon was also flying a kite and everyone else was doing their own thing.

I had Aggie on my lap making baby noises with her. Nanny McPhee turned to me.

"This may seem out of the blue but why do you hate nannies Lucy?"

"Well it really has nothing to do with you, but the very first nanny we ever got when Mama just died, she was horrid. She was always very nice when Papa when he was around but when he would leave she would hit us. I didn't like to see my siblings get hurt so I would always get hit instead of them. I didn't  mind as long as they were safe but it still hurt like hell and i guess my view on nannies has never been the same well that was until you came and well I'm glad you came. You've really helped a lot" I smiled at her.

Jacob came over and sat beside me and we talked until we had to go home.

Once we were home I made sure all of the children's good clothes were washed and ironed and ready for tomorrow.

When I was getting them all hung up Jacob came into the room and wrapped his arms around my waist putting his head on my shoulder and I smiled.

"You know I never told you this but I love the way your hair smells or the way your eyes sparkle when you see your siblings happy or how I.......love..........you" he draws out his last sentence.

I turned around to face him and smiled looking up at him.

"Well I never told you either but I love you too"

We leaned in for a kiss but Eric came in the door but stopped when he saw our position. He just whistled like like he didn't see anything and left.

We laughed. When the laughter died down we pulled away from each other and stood their awkwardly.

"Um I'll see you tomorrow when your aunt comes so um bye"

"Bye Jacob see you tomorrow and don't leave me here alone please" and he smiled at me before leaving.

Well the days around here are always full of surprises.