Chapter 2: Nanny McPhee

Lucy's POV:

After Jacob went home I went up to the room I share with my siblings. I have a bed next to Simon because he loves me the most, well that's what he says.

It was dark outside when I heard banging down stairs. I ran down stairs into the kitchen where I saw all my siblings messing in the kitchen. 

When Simon saw me, he called me over to him where he was mixing socks into mash potatoes. I sat on the counter next to him. He kept smirking at me and I didn't know why until I got hit with a potatoe. 

I looked over at Lily and she laughed. I sat back on the counter next to Simon and we just talked while we could hear all the chaos I could hear Cooks muffled screams.

Suddenly the door opened and a Nanny walked in. I rolled my eyes and smirked while looking Simon. 

''The door is opened but nobody's there'' I smirked.

''I am here. I am Nanny McPhee'' She said rather calm for my liking.

''D-did somebody say something?'' Simon asked everyone.

''No because nobody's there'' Eric smirked.

''Then listen closely. You are to clean up the kitchen, go upstairs and go to bed immediately'' she said.

Simon smirked ''I have an idea. Why don't we stay in the kitchen. All. Night. Long'' and we cheered. 

Nanny McPhee suddenly pulled out a stick from her cloak and banged it on the ground. All the kids except Aggie and I started moving really fast and I couldn't move like I was glued to the counter. 

''I can't stop''

''Simon, I can't stop''

''Lucy' help me''

But I couldn't move. I looked up and saw Chrissie had run out of things to put in her catapult and was about to throw Aggie.

''Please stop this'' Lily asked Nanny McPhee. All the other children started saying please Except Simon and I.

''Just say it Lucy, Simon'' The begged.

''Oh goodness sake please'' Simon and I yelled.

''Say please Nanny McPhee'' she told us.

Simon and I looked at each other than yelled ''Please Nanny McPhee.''

Just as Lily was going to jump green smoke spread around the room and we were all at the door and Tora was holding Aggie. 

''Off to bed now'' Nanny McPhee told us then one by one we made our way up the stairs but I didn't without glaing daggers at her then going up to my bed.

When we got up to our room, I was already dressed when I ran down to the kitchen. 

''What are you doing?'' I heard Simon's voice coming from the bathroom.

''Getting ready for bed.'' That was Tora's voice. 

I got up from my bed while they were argueing and took Aggie from Tora. I started humming Aggie to sleep like Mama used to do with us. She started lulling off to sleep so I pit her down in her crib.

I look up and see Simon sitting on his bed now ready for bed. I go and sit on his bed beside him and he puts his head on my shoulder and I patted his hair. I knew he got hit worst when Mama died because Papa doesn't pay any attention to us anymore and he feels like he has to be the man of the house but doesn't know how.

I heard a noise coming up the stairs and it was Nanny McPhee. I scoffed and lid down on Simon's bed while he was till sitting on his bed. I sleep with Simon in his bed sometimes because we get lonely and need each other.

''You must feel you have at a disadvantage Nanny McPhee'' Simon said trying to taunt the Nanny. Curse me and my intelligence for teaching him that.

''How so?'' Well done Si, she seems intimidated, well kinda.

''We know your name but you don't know ours. Oglington Fartsworthy, please to make your acqauntaince'' Simon said as he held out his hand. I din't laugh but I did smirk. They had done this trick so many times.

''How do you do?'' she replied and Simon didn't know how to respond but eventually did.

''That's F-A-R-T-S Fartsworthy'' Simon spelled out for her. She didn't look like she cared less.

Then all the children went around and said different names until she came to me. She looked me dead in the eye and I looked right back at her.

''You don't need to know my name'' I told her with venom lacing my words. She looked at me oddly but then started going back down the row of beds. 

She began saying everyones name. She then got to the door.

''Goodnight Simon, Goodnight Lucy'' and with that she left. I glared at her after she left but Simon rubbed my back calming me down and we all went to sleep.

If only we knew what tomorrow would bring.