Chapter 3: Sick Day

Lucy's POV:

Today Nanny McPhee told us all to get up and dressed and lessons would start at 9am sharp. You see the thing is after 13 girls stop getting an education so I have finished school but everyone has not.

I got up because Jacob was coming over but everyone else stayed in bed. They had come up with doing the I'm sick prank but this Nanny was different. I just hope she isn't like the first Nanny we got.

I got up and showered and dressed. I had on my most comfortable corst and a dress that went just above my knees with a kind of apron thing attached to the front of it.

When I got out of the bathroom  I saw all my siblings with white and red chalk on their faces. I laughed a little but stopped when Nanny McPhee came to the door.

All the kids started saying how sick they were but I knew Nanny McPhee saw through it but what was going to do.

She brougt her stick out from under her cloakand banged it on the ground and left. 

The kids started laughing then they stopped they tried getting up but they couldn't. I put my hand on Simon's forehead and he was burning up. 

After a lot of complaining they all decided to go to sleep. All except Aggie. She was being fussy. I picked her up and walked around the room with her humming a soft lullaby and sung a little for her. 

I finally got her down after an hour or so and after that I just made sure evryone elses temperature was normal as it could get with measels. I felt really exhausted for some reason like I could collapse but just pushed the feeling aside and kept looking after everyone.

Soon Jacob came and he said He would help even though I told him to go home.

Nanny McPhee cae up the stairs holding up this huge bottle that said 'measels' on it. Jacob and I grimaced at the sight but she just went straight for Simon.

When she poured it out it was thick and black, is that stuff moving?

She managed to get everyone to take some and then Cook came and gave them this brothe stuff with what looked to be leftovers in it oh well.

Simon's POV:

As we were all given brothe including Lucy and Jacob we started eating. Lucy took a bite but then ran to the bathroom and threw up. She was coughing really bad and I didn't know what it was.

Jacob ran up to her when she came out of the bathroom, she was till coughing. She tried taking a step towards my bed to sit down but collapsed into Jacob's arms. 

''Lucy, LUCY, come on wake up'' Jacob called out to her. I jumped out of bed and ran over to them. 

''Put her on her bed'' I told Jacob and he nodded. He picked her up and placed her on her bed and wrapped her in her covers. He got a stool and sat down beside her, holding her hand. Now I am very protective over my sister but if she does end up with a guy I want it to be Jacob.

She woke up after a while and turns she did catch our measels and had to take the terrible medicine when she woke up. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH. Her face was priceless and I think Jacob got a good laugh at it as well as me.

Evangeline came up after a while and took our bowls of ............ stuff away. 

''Evangeline can we have some jam and toast, please?'' Sebastian asked and Evangeline gave him a confused look.

''Did you just say please'' Evangeline asked but before Seb could continue Papa came up the stairs.

''Eveneing children and Jacob, I've heard you've been sick in bed all day'' Papa greeted us. 

''Papa, now that we are better can we get up?'' Chrissie asked.

''Can we get up please?'' everyone else except Jacob, Lucy and I responded. Lucy just rolled over and ignored him.

''Of course you can'' he responded. 

''Papa can you read to me?'' Chrissie asked but Papa made up and excuse about letter writing he had to do and he left. Nanny McPhee saw how we all were and asked Evangeline to get Cook to make us scrabbled egg on toast.

''Now I can't deny that offer'' Lucy said as she rolled back around and sat up and we all laughed at her. 

''I'll make it myself'' Evangeline smiled then left.

Maybe Nanny McPhee isn't all so bad as we thaught.