Chapter 6: The Wedding

Jacob's POV:

It has been tough without Lucy. I've moved in with the Brown family. I sleep in Lucy's bed hoping to get some comfort out her scent that's still there.

Mr. Brown is marrying another woman Ms. Quickly and we all have to be there.

No one likes Ms. Quickly. But Mr. Brown is pretty keen on her staying.

We were all in the foyer waiting for the bride herself to come in and check on us.

I wasn't wearing one of those stupid looking shepard outfits instead I was wearing a suit that Mr. Brown gave me instead.

When the bride came in, she threatened me and the children to behave then broke Aggie's rattle.

No. That was all they had left of their mother.

I was about to say something when Ms. Quickly's friend came to the door saying Lady Stitch was here.

My eyes widened. That means Lucy is here.

When GAA, as Lucy calls her came to the door, Selma did this whole bowing thing and Lady Stitch looked like she enjoyed it.

She then told the girl behind her to hurry up. When Selma and the others left the girl took off her hood.

I knew it. Lucy. Before any of the siblings could do anything I ran up to her and kissed her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She kissed back immediately and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I heard lots of gasps and cheers.  When pulled apart, she looked into my eyes and whispered

"I missed you guys so much. "

Then everyone came in for a group hug. Simon being first there and most likely crying. Lucy was crying too and were all hugged the air out of her. Boy were wet glad to have her back.

When the wedding started Lucy sat with the Brown children while I sat with the 2 idiots that work with Mr. Brown.

During the ceremony I heard buzzing noises and looked over and the Brown kids and locked eyes with Lucy. She smiled and I sated doing the sam thing.

Eventually Mr. Brown caught on hit Selma's hat, and her being dramatic and all fell on the ground and bumped into the cake and threw some at Mr. Brown.

She missed him and it hit Lady Stitch in the face. Then a food fight broke out. I ran over to Lucy and threw cake at her while laughing and she did the same.

We looked over to Simon and Mr. Brown playing cricket with a ukulele and cake.

Lady stitch stood up and tried to leave and grabbed Lucy bringing her with her.

As they were walking away Simon, Lily and I ran after them.

"WAIT!? you said if father marrys by the end of the month you would keep funding us?" Simon asked.

"Your wasting my time"

"No, no I'm not because he will marry today." Simon argued

"Who?"

"He'll marry-" Lily was cut off by Lucy.

"Evangeline. Of course, he'll marry Evangeline" she said excited and looked at me.

"The scullery maid?"

"Evangeline do you love Papa?" Lily asked Evangeline.

"No. Of course I mean - yes"

"Papa, do you love Evangeline?" Lily asked again.

"No of course not she....yes".

"I am leaving  and she kept dragging Lucy with her.

"Wait" I called and she turned around again.

"You can't take Lucy."

"And why is that?"

"Because I love her." I stated proudly gaining a few gasps. "You can't take because her siblings love her. When you first took Lucy, Simon cried his eyes out because she wasn't there. I was no different. You can't take her because we care about her too much to let her go again."

She looked at Lucy and let go of her and Lucy ran straight into my arms hugging me tightly. We pulled away and we kissed. I could hear everyone in the background cheering for us.

When we pulled away Simon and the others ran to her.

"Don't ever do that again. You hear me? Never." Simon threatened and we all laughed.

I guess my story really did get a happy ending after all.