#19

Essence

"Where are you going?" I heard a voice as I slipped on my shoes. I turned around, seeing all four boys looking at me. Just great.

"Work," I shrugged, turning the knob to go out until a hand shut the door back closed. "What the heck," I huffed, throwing my hands in the air and turning around. I then crossed my arms over my chest. "You can't stop me; I was told to go."

I looked at Easton and the three boys behind him; he looked at me, removing his hand from the door. "Like that?" He says, looking me up and down. The mandatory white button-up I wore was unbuttoned so low that my chest spilled out. Since we were allowed to wear whatever black pant we chose, I put on a mini skirt that I purposely made high-waisted.

"What's the matter with my outfit," I said, shrugging nonchalantly. Easton chuckled, looking back at the three boys with raised brows. They all watched me nervously. "It's your deathbed. Let's go."

"Wait, what?" I now placed my hand on the door, stopping him from opening it.

"We're coming with you; did you think Killian would really let you out alone?" he laughed as if it was a funny thing.

"All of you?" When they nodded, my mouth dropped open.

"We're a package deal in case you haven't noticed."

"You've got to be kidding me," I scoffed, shaking my head. He could have picked anybody else. "Also, Seth, Fraser, and Killian will be meeting us later; they are just setting up for tomorrow."

I knotted my brows. "Who?" I questioned. I didn't remember any of those names besides Killian. "And what's tomorrow?"

"You know the guy you hit with a bat, Seth, and Fraser was here before you; you probably don't remember him, though," Neil spoke up. Damn, well, Seth probably hates me now. "And the auction is tomorrow."

That's happening tomorrow? Fantastic.

I roll my eyes before walking out the door, all of them trailing behind me as usual. Easton comes up behind me, swiftly linking his arm with mine. I try and pull away, which leads to him holding on tighter.

"You're clingy," I mumble.

"We're best friends," he shrugs, as if what I had said meant nothing. I hadn't quite yet decided if I fully forgave any of them, but yet they acted as if nothing happened, making it irrelevant.

I scoff and continue to walk down the stairs to the bar. Since we stayed right upstairs, the journey was all of two minutes; that was the one plus to this 'arrangement.'

The moment I reach the bar, the boys sit on stools at the counter not too far from me. The pressure of their gaze made my face burn and my nerves increase. "Hey, gorgeous," Persephone comes by my side. "Need help?" She chuckles at my lost expression.

Thank god. "My savior," I sigh. "Thank you; I don't know how to do anything." I look at the bottles stacked across the wall in shock. Why were there so many?

"No problem, I was told to show you how to make the drinks," she said. "Take those boys' orders, and we'll do their drinks together; they are one of our most frequent buyers, so we have to make it good." I look over at the familiar four boys watching me and walk over.

All he ever drank was beer. It was the one thing that I was good at doing, buying the beer. It was really the only time I went outside alone. With my own money, I'd buy him a list of things from beer to illicit drugs. The meet-ups with his plugs were as scary as using a fake ID.

"What can I get you?" I put on a facade of happiness when I reach them. With wide grins, they watch me closely. Jacob is the first to speak.

"Two vodka cranberries, one scotch light ice, and a water, thank you. Oh, and just put it on my tab," he said, placing his head into the palm of his hand.