Chapter 1 Opening Scene/Another Day in the Cave

(Our alternate story begins with the same plot as the original.)

Prologue

A cave painting of the DreamWorks logo. Push past the moon to the sun. Bright. Beautiful. The sun Dissolves.

(In this plot of the stone, Eep will be the narrator and explains the same story as it is. However, this story will be different as it takes to a new timeline.)

"With every sun comes a new day. A new beginning. A hope that things will be better today than they were yesterday.

The Croods (including Mow and Lerk) scurry out of their cave like mice looking for food. Scared. Fast.

"But not for me. My names "Eep". And this is my family, "The Croods". If you weren't clued in already by the animal skin and slipping foreheads, we're cavemen. Most days, we and the rest of the Ahhh!!! Valley people spent in the full depth of caves, in the dark. And with that, we now have to stay in the cave as long as we can. Night after Night, Day after Day. Yep, home sweet home. When we did go out, we all struggled to find food in the harsh and hostile world. And I struggle to survive my family." 

The Croods are chased by beasts across the desert. They escape from creatures up trees. They along with the Cave Clan hide behind the huge safe underground.

"The good thing is, of course we're not the ONLY family who survive. In the beginning of a crazy backstory, the people of the Ahhh!!! Valley are still alive and had closely survived after my Dad chose Munk to become the leader of the tribe. But alas, every happy ending's still not what we thought it would be. So because of it, my Dad and Munk made a different solution that one of them still remains as the leader again while the other is the second-in-command. It happens after all the disaster we've been when we all moved in the depth of caves. The good news is, it had so much room and space for our people. Sure, there might be stalagmites on the high ceiling and walls, but we DID stay together, no matter the cause. There's also the other part monkeys family that used to be all of our enemies, "The Broods". When we first met them in the jungle during vacation after the drama between Dad and our clan, we spent time with them like it was paradise. But no, instead, they used us to trick, steal, and lied to us this whole time. But we, Croods, stop them to save our people as we make up and work together. We defeated them over, and over, and over again, until later, my Dad decided that all of the Ahhh!!! Valley should get along with them. Things didn't go out as he planned, but the more he tried for us to get along with them, the more they stayed with us as they were part of our tribe."

Grug, Mow and the Bonkers (including Dub Brood) protects their clan from a Giant Bear Owl.

"So to this day, since my Dad's now the leader again while Munk became his right-handed command, he followed the rules."

A shadow falls across their feet and Grug ushers his family and clan by heading back to the underground.

"The one painted on the entire cave walls. Anything new is bad, curiosity's bad, going out at night is bad, basically anything fun is bad. Welcome to my world!" 

They all run back into the subterranean cave where Grug, Mow and Dub slams the rock door closed from the huge hill side floor.

Slowly Light On Cave Paintings Comes Up Again. But this time the light casts an ominous tone.

"But this is the story about how all that changed in the instant."

Rapid shots of the great split cutting through the land. Headed towards the Cave Clan Valley.

Shot of cataclysm. Cut faster and faster until...

"Because what we all didn't know, was that our world was about to come to an End. And there were no rules on our cave walls to prepare us for that."