Chapter 6 Follow The Sapiens' Lead [Part 1]

In the morning

A slumbering Mow snoring, tossing, and turning.

Morning light kisses Mow's cheeks. He's sound asleep. Pull out to reveal that Guy and Birch's log is now teetering over a cliff edge. There was another subduction during the night, and half of the Croods and the cave clan's sleeping platform has sunk two thousand feet. Mow is still grasping Guy and Birch's log, which now hangs over the fresh abyss, and the still-asleep Guy and Birch is now Slipping out of one end. In the nick of time, Mow Shifts position, inadvertently Turns the log, and Guy and Birch start slipping out the Other end.

Guy wakes up, first, looking down. He and Birch find themselves two thousands of feet above a lava river. He quickly wakes Birch and gestures.

They begin screaming.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHHHHH!!!!!!"

Later, In the Morning - At Coral Fields

The people of the cave clan and the Sapiens trudges behind Grug and Mow as Mow cautiously makes his way to the mountain. Mow sniffs, and tests the ground. He moves like a man in a mine field. Meaning Slowly.

On the log, Eep, Bear, Clementine and Elder Cascade walk alongside Guy and Birch, who is still being carried by Mow in the log.

"That was too close. It almost caught us." Said Guy.

Clementine sighs in relief.

"Aw... Thank goodness my only brother and cousin survived after that." Said Clementine.

"You and me both, sis. We almost died back there. But thanks to our screaming, everyone woke up on time." Said Birch.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! MY GRAND-BOYS COULD'VE GONE KILLED!! DID YOU NOT WAKE UP AND HEAR THEIR SCREAMING?!?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE?!?!" Yelled Elder Cascade; glaring at Grug and Mow.

"YOU'RE LUCKY YOU FINALLY WOKE UP AFTER THEIR SCREAMING FOR FEW MINUTES, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD'VE IMMEDIATELY FALL DOWN TO DEATH!!!" Yelled Bear; glaring at Mow.

"What? Mow was watching. Mow and the boys were fine." Said Mow; eyes rolling.

"OH, REALLY?!?! YOU WERE WATCHING?!?! WELL it DOESN'T SEEM LIKE YOU WERE!!! MY SON AND NEPHEW HAS ALMOST DIED BY YOUR LOG YOU'RE HOLDING!! TO BE FAIR, WE WOKE UP FIRST BEFORE YOU ALL DID BY TRYING TO SAVE THEM ALIVE!!!"

"But all in all, I'm just so glad that my boys are safe and sound." Said Elder Cascade; calming herself down.

"And which is why we all gotta move faster. Do you people have any other speed aside from "wander?" I'll take a shamble at this point." Said Guy.

"Well, we didn't know you two had almost died. We just got so tired for some reason." Said Bulk.

"Yeah, that, right there, is what we called, "A Heavy Sleeper." Said Birch.

"Heavy sleeper? Like, What's a heavy sleeper?" Said Pat; skeptically.

"Well, a heavy sleeper cannot be woken up when asleep, even when there are significant changes in our sleeping environment. Heavy sleepers may sleep through stimuli such as someone touching them lightly or even shaking them!" Said Guy.

"Which in fact, is what happened to Mow over here, when he almost dropped them with the log. While me, me and Birch's dad and grandma tried our best, after Mow dropped them, dad grabbed the log and saved them from the nick of time. While grandma wacks Mow's face on her staff, angrily to wake him up." Said Clementine.