6.

- I can't believe you did this - Christian laughed in the passenger seat of my car while I told him how my weekend went

- I lost the fucking bet, at least it wasn't something publicly embarrassing - I said eating my McDonalds French fries

- So, when's the next date? - He said making fun and I wanted to throw him off my car

- Very funny, keep making jokes and I'll make your life miserable - I said and he rolled his eyes - Max is coming into town soon, he needs to be here for a few meetings at Red Bull, wanna come with us to dinner? - I asked my best friend knowing him and my brother got along really well

- Of course, jut let me know when and you should bring him to a game - He said and I nodded agreeing since Max did appreciate football as well - You should also invite Mason, he should get to know your family - He said joking with me which just made me roll my eyes

- Ready to go? - I asked throwing the box inside the empty bag

- Considering I have training and you have to work, yes. - He said putting his seatbelt back on - I can't believe your lunch time is even shorter than it used to be, you're going to be exhausted

- I'm not going to be, I already am. Nothing I can do until I graduate though - I explained while driving through the streets of London towards Cobham - Good luck - I said to my best friend while he left the car going towards where a few players were talking.

Now, all I have to do is drive to hell.

Don't get me wrong, I adore my job, I didn't choose it and started my own thing with my best friend for no reason, but if I could've picked a better internship it probably wouldn't been hard. My boss is a dick, that's the only way to describe him, he's probably eight years older than I am but for some reason he acts as if he was god and that just makes me want to jump on his neck.

But I wasn't about to leave this job and give him an unsaid victory, absolutely not, I'm going against all my friends and family and I'll stay here until I graduate or at least until I go to the hospital due to stress and fear death. The one thing that saves my work shifts has a name and it's Amelie, my best friend.

If one of us picking a bad internship was funny then the two of us picking it was even funnier and unbelievable, yet here we are. The thing that doesn't make sense for me is that all he does is complain about us and make sure we know he's better and it's in the business for longer - other words, he's older - but as soon as we arrive there's already a pile of projects in our desks while he's probably playing Minecraft of something like it.

Today wasn't different.

- I want to kill him sometimes - Amelie said from her desk and I nodded

- Let's just get this over with, just a few more months - I sighed seating at my desk and starting to organize and plan new projects for it.

Mason POV

- Hey brother in law - Christian said to me as soon as he arrived where me and a few of the guys were at - Didn't think to tell me you were fake dating my best friend?

- Oh god - I slapped my face seeing all the curious faces of the other guys

- Spill - Timo said while we walked inside the gym

- I needed a date for a party and she owned me a bet so it was easier, my family thought we were dating and I didn't have the heart to deny it so we pretend for the weekend. - I explained starting the workout

- Sure, that's the only reason you'd do that - Kai said ironically - You guys really didn't do anything?

- What? God no! We're friends, I think. My grandpa loves her though, her brother is a Formula 1 driver he loves, she even promised him to introduce them, like, they actually exchanged numbers. - I said remembering this fact

- Oh, Max is arriving soon, she didn't specify when but he has work in Milton Keynes, so this might be closer. I'll try to find more details, she was in a rush to get to work - Christian said

- Ooh, Mase is going to meet the family, how does it feel? - Chilly opened his mouth about the subject for the first time and I just gave him the middle finger

- What about you guys focus on training and not talking?

To say Charlotte wasn't on my mind for the last couple days it would be a lie. Not in a romantic way, just a confusing way I would say. She won the heart of all of my family members including cousins and aunts/uncles, something my ex took months to be able to do and she did it in one night, just insane for me.

Insane because I felt comfortable around her, sometimes I even forgot we had to pretend something, cause everything just flows in such an easy way with the Liverpool fanatic that impresses me, everything about the blonde one, even when she's complaining about her work but still gushing happily about it. I said it, Charlotte Verstappen is confusing, but a good confusing, one that's worth of figuring out.

It's been three days since we got back from it and also three days since I last spoke with her, I've been wanting to text her but how do you text someone you made pay a bet as your fake girlfriend? I don't know. All I know is that I certainly wouldn't mind hanging out and creating a friendship with Lottie, of course I wouldn't cross off the list anything else other than this, I'm still a man with eyes and Charlotte is still the insane beauty she's, but I'm happy with having her as my friend for now.

Just how to make this any less awkward is the question since now Christian will make our life hell if we become friends but then also I'm willing to listen to jokes if it means I get to have easy conversations and funny moments like I did this past weekend.

That's it, it's decided, I'll be reaching out to Charlotte Verstappen today, I just still don't know how. 

@amelieharris: Shout out to my boy for taking these gem of us after we left a busy work day

@amelieharris: Shout out to my boy for taking these gem of us after we left a busy work day... we look fine but we're dead inside. love you C.

Tagged: @charlotteverstappen

Location: London, UK.

Liked by @cmpulisic, @maxverstappen1, @kellypiquet and 98.087 others

Comments:

@cmpulisic: Why am I not surprised that you guys were matching? 

@charlotteverstappen: love youu 

@maxverstappen1: you guys need to stop matching.

@johncollins: my photograph skills are insane.

HEY GUYS! little insta post from charlotte's best friend today hahah. 

anyway, this is the first chapter of this week's double update I'm doing to thank you all for 1k reads in this story... I was genuinely surprise since it doesn't even have that many chapters published, anyway, wanted to come here and say thank you again, I'll see you tomorrow.