27.

Sunday, 23 May 2021

Sunday, 23 May 2021.

- MAX VERSTAPPEN WINS IN MONACO! - The reporters couldn't stop repeating this sentence as soon as Charlotte's brother crossed the finish line.

The entire garage was a party scene, Red Bull was a family and they knew how to celebrate it. This time wasn't different. Charlotte was thrown in the air by many of the team members including Christian Horner who didn't waste time to pull the girl with him to stand waiting for Max close to the podium.

- You guys better come with me, I know those two, they are in another world - Geri, Christian's wife mentioned to the Mount and Rice family who nodded chuckling and following outside - This first moments I keep my distance, I learned to like the sport because of Christian but I don't share half the passion they do.

- I feel you - Mason chuckled watching Max get out of the car and rush to his team members but not taking long to jump in the arms of Charlotte, who at this point had tears in her eyes.

Everyone knew, winning in Monaco had a special feeling.

- You won, you fucking did it - She whispered in his ear while he held her tight placing kisses on her head

- I told you I was going to win in Monaco for you someday - He shot back sensing her nod before pulling away from him

- Go celebrate with your girlfriend now - She winked pushing him towards Kelly who discreetly took a lot of photos of the siblings.

Everyone knew the Verstappen's were close, they would do anything for each other. But they knew how much gratitude Max felt towards his little sister, she made it possible for him to achieve his dream. She never complained about not having vacations, because they had to go where the next race was. Never complained about her father being away, about Max getting the biggest budget, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

She could see the spark in his eyes, she loved the sport, but she would never love it as much as he did and she wanted to see him succeed and everyone knew that Max Verstappen could.

Now more than never they felt it. For the first time in seven years Red Bull was leading the championship, Max was leading the championship. He couldn't break the record of the youngest to be world champion, but that didn't matter anymore, all they wanted was to see Max at the top of the world, bringing Red Bull back to it. And they knew if someone could do it, it was Max Verstappen.

- Love, your heart is beating really fast - Mason chuckled hugging his girlfriend from behind, watching the podium ceremony

- I know but I genuinely can't calm down - She chuckled - Too much for me today.

- Drink the rest of Mason's water, I don't want to take my daughter in law to the hospital today - Debbie joked giving the bottle of water she was holding to the girl who accepted without thinking twice