12.

Stressful. That's the definition of how Charlotte's week has been. Awful. Miserable. She could add a lot of other adjectives in the conversation if you would ask her to.

She was attempting the best she could to deliver all the work she had to in other to be able to attend the first race weekend of Formula 1, that would be happening in Bahrain due to the new changes in the calendar this year. The initial idea was to only attend three, Monaco, Max's home race and the last one of the season, this plan soon changed after she realized that for the second part of the season she'll be her own boss, which means she can organize herself to attend as many as she would like, but also after her family conversation she took the decision to attend the opening one and that had made her life upside down.

Lottie was gone from any aspect of social life, she barely even knew what that was, last week she missed out on all of the hangouts invitations she received, that being Christian's, Amelia's or Mason's, she was not letting go of the two things on her mind: Uni work and actual work.

One thing about the Verstappen's siblings is that they're extremely good at hiding whatever they need to and this time wasn't different. Charlotte was not letting it show how much stress and anxiety the young girl was going through, not even subtle hints she would normally throw that would make anyone close to her figure it out, she was bottling all up and she knew she could explode at any second in time.

She knew technically there was still time, to be exactly, over a month till the race, pre season testing was still only a week away and that wasn't her goal, but the fear of not being able to do it was always surrounding her brain.

Growing up racing was fun but it was also exhausting for the Dutch girl, she started karting at four years old while her brother was already in it for three years, her parents both being from the motorsport world it made sense and although her mother was way cooler with it, her dad expected nothing more than perfection from his children. She can remember whenever she wouldn't win a race or do any mistake how terrified she was after it, crying was the first thing she would do when seeing her father only to be scoffed by, second to him, that was a way of her growing thick skin. That clearly back fired.

Charlotte and Max Verstappen are well known names in the Formula 1 community, the young girl often being invited for podcasts or interviews about the sport, but something that no one realizes is that something that makes her incredible happy and proud of her brother also was the reason why she has to deal with all the terrible anxiety she has nowadays. If you ask her, her father is an amazing one, never once he made himself gone or acted as he didn't care, but he definitely raised his kids on a rough love.

Max had an extra affection towards his little sister, he saw how she struggled at 12 years old to get the courage to say she didn't want to be in the racing world as a driver, terrified of letting her parents down after the millions they invested in her youth career, luckily for her, Max had his dream and goal set on it, so she walked away from it pretty easily with the only consequence being the lack of family time.