|4| Diner date - Goro Takemura x Fixer!Reader

He watched you. Always did. Your stern ways of dealing with clients and mercenaries made him awe stricken. Goro wondered how you, Y/n Y/ln, were one of the most powerful fixer's in all of Night City. But deep down he knew why. You were determined, never allowing anyone to take you for granted.

Your gaze could make anyone melt at the fire it held. Right now Goro was at Tom's Diner. One of his favourite eating places. Not only for the food but mainly because you were there everyday. Usually in the late hours of the day.

The back booth was where you always sat. Every time you came, the manager would close the diner and you would have the place to yourself. The customers were usually escorted out.

However Goro, found a way for him to stay in the diner when you came in. He went so far as to lie about how he is your personal guard, hence why he was always there before you came.

Unbeknownst to the Japanese man, you knew of his presence. How he always sat in the same booth, two seats away. Always ordered a deluxe burger with a type of soda. You never told the manager to escort him out, even if he sat far from you, his presence comforts you. It felt strange. You didn't know him at all, only that he was always at this diner when you came here.

For the first time, you both catch each other's eyes. A break of confidence enters into Goro Takemura.  He stands up from his booth and approaches yours. A respectful bow is what he gives you.

"I'm Goro Takemura, you must be Y/n Y/ln, it is lovely to make your acquaintance," his polite greeting causes you to smile. You stand up and bow slightly as well.

"It's lovely to meet you as well," A small smile makes it's way onto his face. You sit down and turn to  him.

"Care to join me for dessert," His eyes widen at your invitation, but he doesn't deny it. You notice his posture is stiff.

"You can relax Goro Takemura, I won't bite," you give him a sweet smile. He can't help but return it. You had a beautiful smile. Although he can't say that, it would come off as too strong.

"Please call me Goro," He says. You lean forward slightly.

"Only if you call me Y/n," He nods in agreement. Many people would kill to be in Goro's position. You, one of the most powerful and dangerous fixers in Night City, asked Goro Takemura to join him for dessert. You grab a fry and take a bite.

"I've noticed you have a soft spot for this diner Goro," He gulps at your observation. Once he catches your eye, it's hard to look away. He felt as though he was drowning, and he enjoyed it.

"The food is good, but that's not the only reason why I come here," He doesn't move his gaze away from you. Your mouth curves into a mischievous smile.

"Oh?" You raise your eyebrows.

"I admire you, Y/n," Goro admits. You're shocked at his straightforwardness. You gesture a waitress to come over to your booth.

"Order anything you'd like Goro, it's on me,"

"Thank you," you nod at his appreciation with a smile. He orders dessert and you shake your head at the waiter, showing that you don't need anything. She walks off and Goro turns to you in confusion.

"Aren't you going to have anything," you shake your head.

"No," you say, your eyes twinkling. You don't want to mention to him, that the only reason you invited him for dessert was to enjoy his company. Dessert was the last thing on your mind, as you assessed his features.

He seemed stressed, you could tell a lot of baggage was on his shoulders. Other than that, he truly was handsome.

"Y/n,"

"What?" You're knocked out of your thoughts. You look at the man in front of you, confused as to why he called your name.

"I've called your name four times, are you alright?" You give a soft smile and nod your head. The waiter walks towards you both and places a large ice cream sundae in front of Goro. He thanks the waiter as they leave and turns to you.

"I am glad you allowed me to join you," A chuckle leaves your lips as you hear the formal tone coming from Goro. He reaches for a teaspoon and hands it to you. You gently grab it and your fingertips touch. The slight feeling of electricity overcomes you both as blush slightly at the moment of contact.

"I would enjoy this dessert even more, if we share," He says politely. His eyes shine brightly as you agree with a toothy smile. You swear you can't stop smiling as long as Goro is in your presence. Once you grab a bite of the dessert, you look at Goro.

"Amazing," He gives you a shy smile at your statement.

Little did he know, you weren't talking about the dessert.

A/n I know Goro Takemura is a rough character, I just wanted to write him in a different light.

I appreciate the support thank you so much :)