Chapter 9

*Alex's view*

Alya hasn't been back for a while now, I'm hoping she's just having a long job and not being beaten.

She finally returned, she was badly beaten and her eyes were red from crying, I could tell she didn't like being on her own,  she ran straight to me and hugged me. Alya told me everything that happened, I felt very sorry for her, I felt her pain.

We didn't get fed today, I was used to my stomach pains by now but Alya wasn't,  she was lying down all day and only moving to go to the toilet.  I could tell she was missing home even before she even told me about everyone she missed,  I didn't listen but pretended I was.

We haven't been fed for two days now, I skipped a day because nothing much happened,  today I was sent out, I thought I was getting food but I was well wrong. Instead I was sent to a room I haven't seen before, I had to stand still  for some reason, I also had two planks on each leg, one infront and one back, I had no idea what was happening. 

I had to hold a plank of wood over my head for an hour, It was hard as I was really weak without being fed, I felt my arms giving up after only five minutes. I was lossing grip fast and I couldn't keep the plank still, my arms were hurting more than ever, the planks by my legs were stopping me from moving, as I wouldn't be able to anyway.

I had been here for half an hour now and I just needed to stop, the pain in my legs were hurting more than ever and I couldn't do anything about it. The men were watching me and laughing at me struggling, I was lossing focus and I needed to gain it back fast. This half an hour I wanted to go fast but it went slow,  I felt my arms trying to hold it but I couldn't control the pain that was stopping me.

The hour didn't want to end, they told me if I dropped it I'll have another thirty minutes,  that's another half an hour of this torture.  I was growing weaker with every second I was holding the plank, it wasn't a light one, it was a very heavy one, at least it felt like. I wanted this to end, but it wouldn't