Chapter 18

I've had loads of visitors in the past two days, mostly the boys and Alya. My parents told me about them being worried and that they did all they could trying to find me and Alya, I'm just disappointed that they gave up on me that early.

It's really boring just lying in a bed all day, even though my injuries are apparently serious,  I just want to leave.  The pain in my rib is getting worse every second and nobody is doing anything about it,  I really want it to stop but every time I want something to happen it gets worse than it already is.

Doctors keep coming in and out like ants in their hole. I really need to act serious now, my life is at stake and I'm acting childishly. Kallum is telling me the worst jokes in the universe and Alya is panicking for no apparent reason,  so many different things happening at once and I cannot take it any longer,  I want to leave.

Just as I was thinking that my parents came again to tell me some news, the men who kidnapped me have been arrested for twenty five years, I guess I won't be seeing them for a while. A doctor came in and whispered something to my mum, she turned from being happy to sad, she came over to me and started crying. 

My mum held my hand, Alya came next to her and started crying too, I had no idea what was going on.  But that's when she told me, my injuries in my rib have damaged something which will stop me breathing soon. I started thinking then, if I can't breath, then I can't live, I'll die soon without a warning. 

So that's why they were crying,  I kept breathing a lot hoping that would keep me alive longer,  but I had a feeling it wouldn't. All thoughts of my friends were rushing through my mind, how everyone of them would miss me, how the gang wouldn't have their leader any longer. I could keep thinking of this as it was making me really upset.  I didn't want to die young.