Chapter 14

The guard left us here, Alex was still trying to move ignoring what I said and he was asking if I was alright,  of course I was as I haven't been badly beaten.  He finally was able to sit up right, he had been lying down for the last hour or so, I still tried to get my handcuffs off even though they were digging into my skin like knifes.

Some guards came to us again and moved Alex next to me, up close I saw why he struggled to move, he was covered in cuts and bruises also his rib looked broken,  from the look of his face he was in horrible pain, I really wanted to hug him but the handcuffs stopped me. Why could anyone do this to another human?

Alex was soon taken away again, this time he left the room, I was also taken to the cell, as we walked I hoped Alex was in there, he wasn't.  A couple days past and still he didn't return, I was starting to think he was dead untill a doctor came to my cell and took me into a room, in there lay Alex,  he had plasters on all his cuts and a bandage on his rib.

He was soon aloud back to the cell,  all I hoped for now was the men not to find out or Alex will be beaten again.  He was speaking now and not ignoring me, I told him about me worrying about where he was and he laughed,  but it wasn't my fault I didn't know where he was. I had to tell him if he is found then he might die, I didn't want him to as he always sticks up for me.

I was starting to think he is a hero,  if he told the men not to beat me on the first beating I had then he doesn't want me hurt, I guess that's a hero. But that's when he told me, he told me why I wasn't beaten,  he told the men to beat him up and not me or he'll escape and phone the cops. Shock filled my body.

Hey reader, I'm amazed you made it this far, please check out these people, justleavemealonenow, IdeCampbell and miss_may_you. All these people write great books and are worth checking out. (P.S I'll make sure I update as fast as I can) Thanks for the votes and views. :)