☔︎ 3 ☔︎

‎ ‎

CHAPTER THREE

‎ ‎SPORTS FESTIVAL

‎ ‎SPORTS FESTIVAL.

☔︎ THE DAY HAD come. the deafening cheers that met the introduction of the sports festival rung in chizue's ears like thunder.

there she was, standing amongst her classmates and the other classes and courses. on the small podium stood midnight, the r-rated hero — who also was this years chief referee.

"ok then, bakugo and minami, you will be representatives. please step up and say some words of encouragement before we start." midnight grinned cheerfully, swinging her whip around in the air.

"i guess they're both going up there because they're the most recognized, especially after the USJ attack." some students from other classes whispered, watching chizue and bakugo climb up the steps. "yeah, i heard the two of them managed to hold back the villains before all might arrived! i've never even seen minami's quirk before..."

bakugo went first, stomping up to the microphone propped in the middle of the podium. "i just wanna say, i'll be number one."

with that, he hopped off the stage and slumped back into the crowd. there were angry shouts of protest, but bakugo just shook them off.

"it's not my fault you'll all be stepping stones to my victory." he shrugged, glaring ahead.

chizue cautiously stepped up to the microphone, glancing at the thousands of people in the stadium. after bakugo's outburst, they didn't seem too happy to have her on stage. they were all watching her intently, waiting for chizue to speak. she swallowed her nerves and opened her mouth to speak.

"well, good luck, you'll need it. if you want to be noticed, stand out. don't just do okay, go beyond expectations. that's what it means to be a hero." chizue didn't know what came over her when her voice came out stony and cold — only the smallest hint of encouragement, glancing over her shoulder to look at the other first years.

"PLUS ULTRA, right?"

with that, chizue stepped off the podium, her hands in her p.e uniform pockets. the stadium erupted into applause and cheers. smiling slightly, chizue ducked her head and kept her gaze on her feet as she listened to midnight explain the rest of the rules. 

"... aaanndd, the first event is an obstacle race!" midnight announced as the giant screen before them landed on 'obstacle race'.

this shouldn't be too hard. chizue thought to herself, getting in line.

as soon as the second the light illuminated green, chizue took off. right now, using her quirk in such a cramped area was not an option. with all the people taking up oxygen, it would be difficult to manipulate it without harming anyone. her best bet was to wait until the space opened up.