☔︎ 4 ☔︎

‎ ‎
CHAPTER FOUR

‎ ‎IN THE CROWD

‎ ‎IN THE CROWD.

"alright, now that you've all gotten into teams, the cavalry battle begins..." midnight spoke loudly, giving a swipe with her whip.

"NOW!"

‎ ‎

☔︎ CHIZUE BREATHED HEAVILY as she clutched yet another team's headband, wiping sweat from her face. her horses were all smiles and cheers — except for one, of course —patting her back and cheering her on.

"5 MINUTES LEFT!" present mic boomed into his microphone.

"minami, how many — huff — points do we have?" kirishima asked, adjusting his quirk to get a second to breathe.

"830!" she yelled back, fending off an oncoming attack.

"whoo! we're holding on there!" sero smiled widely.

"it's not enough." chizue replied, and was surprised when the same words left bakugo's lips.

"finally, something we can agree on." he rolled his eyes, facing forward. "1st place is our goal, losers, so don't lose sight of it!"

"whatever it takes!" kirishima added, smiling. "you guys are right! heroes don't settle for anything other than first!"

mom, this is for you. chizue said to herself, looking at the crowd of students.

"CHARGE!" she yelled, using her quirk to steal headbands easier.

"wait!" chizue called when she felt the weight around her neck lessen. "some sneaky dirtbag stole half of our headbands!"

"that would be me." a sly voice drawled out. a boy with grey eyes and blonde hair smirked triumphantly, swinging their stolen points in his hand.

"give them back." chizue snarled angrily, trying to snatch them. she was met with an explosion to the face.

"how the fuck do you have the same quirk as me?" bakugo barked.

"no..." chizue shook her head, glaring at the blonde boy. "he's got a copy quirk."

"right you are!" he laughed, tossing his head back.

"well, no matter." chizue shrugged, her anger subsiding. "i'll be taking those, thank you."

with a quick swipe, she stole all the boy's headbands, before he could even blink.