Chapter 5

Rose's POV:

I was back home and my feet hurt like crazy. I don't know where we walked, but I enjoyed it very much. She was way kinder than she appeared to be and way more fun. She reminded me of Eliza.

"I have a dog. A pomeranian. She's the prettiest bab- well, she's actually just turned 12 years old, so she's old in human age. I think 84 years old?" Eliza smiled. "That's nice. I've always wanted a dog, but my parents are strict and don't like dogs or cats, so all I've had was a fish. He died a month after we got him. "Oh, that's unfortunate..." Eliza shrugged. "It's totally fine. I believe life goes on. Everything and everyone goes on in this world." She looked at my eyes and smiled. "It's nice knowing you!"

"MOMM! I'M HOMEE!" I screamed as I took off my shoes. My mom likes to keep our floors clean, so we don't wear shoes in our house. Apparently Iris doesn't either. "Be quiet, sweetie," my mom whispered in the kitchen. "Clover's sleeping. Don't wake him up."

"Why is he always sleeping? He's 4 years old now. Not a 2 month old baby," I complained. I love my brother to death, but it gets annoying when I can't make a single peep or else he wakes up and it's apparently MY FAULT. "I can't do anything about it, Rose. Stop complaining. Oh, and, what were you doing for such a long time?"

"I was with someone from school," I responded. "Can't I do that?" My mom smiled. "Oh, that's great! Is she a girl? Or a boy? Are you guys close? How did you meet him or her?" I sighed. "She's a girl. Her name's Iris. No, we're not close. And we met at the movie theater." My mom beamed with joy. "Is she your friend?" she asked. "I do-," I was quickly interrupted by my twin brother. "Why would she have a friend? She's a loner, mom." I glared at him. "Shut up, Matthew. It's not like you have many friends either." He laughed. "At least I have friends. And I'm popular in school. You're not." I was getting highly annoyed.

"Well. Now I do. Iris is my new friend. So now you can shut your stupid mouth up." And then Clover wailed. "Rose!" Mom snapped. "You woke him up! DO you know how tired I am right now? I have to take care of 3 of you without your father home!" She quickly tied up her beautiful, silky hair into a bun and hurried upstairs the marble staircase. "Wow, thanks a lot, ROSE. You really ruin everything, don't you?" Matthew spit out. "You made Eliza leave and look at what you do!"

"I DID NOT MAKE ELIZA LEAVE, YOU JERK! SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed. I stomped upstairs as my mom went downstairs with snotty Clover in her arms. "Rose.. darling.." I wiped my tears. "Do you also think it's my fault Eliza left?" She looked away. "You do. WHY THOUGH? WHY IS IT MY FAULT?" I continued my way up and saw my mom flick her fingers on Matthew's forehead. "I told you not to say that." I heard her say.

YOU WHATT????????

I need to leave

I'm going to leave

WAIT WHY?

Because

My mom read my texts that I sent you

I'm so sorry, what do i dooo?

Its nit your fault

*not

I gtggg

Byee

I'm so sorry..

It wasn't my fault my best friend left. Why was it my fault? I was the one left behind. So why was it my freaking fault? I cried on my bed, snuggled with blankets and tissues. Nobody would understand. I missed Eliza. Why did she tell me that to make this whole mess?