one.

-

Erin peered over at the clock.

Twenty minutes she had been waiting in line to order her coffee.

Within ten minutes she already became annoyed by the distant buzzing noise coming from the coffee machines.

She peeked her head out of the line to see that there were only four people in front of her.

Awkwardly waiting in line, she took her phone out to pass time.

Moments later, a notification appeared on the top of her screen.

*One new message from dad*

She rolled her eyes in agony and placed her phone into her back pocket.

Erin loved going to the coffee shop. It had a welcoming atmosphere with dark oak furniture and large windows that provided plenty of warm light that shone onto the plants that were beautifully arranged around the cafe.

She visited the coffee shop every day whether it was for ordering coffee, studying, or reading books.

It was her escape from home, from her dad.

The noise from the coffee machine was suddenly drowned out as this song started playing from the overhead speakers.

"I've waited a hundred years, but I'd wait a million more for you."

Usually, she never paid attention to the music that played in the shop, but this song caught her attention.

The beautiful melody filled her with this strange feeling.

The feeling of warmth. Comfort. Safety.

The song was interrupted by the sound of the bell letting the workers know a customer had walked into the building.

"I can take whoever's next!"

She diverted her eyes towards the counter and spotted the female barista signaling that she was ready to take her order.

After giving the barista her order and waiting patiently with the others, her name was finally called out and she picked up her drink.

A simple iced coffee.

As she was about to settle down at the table near the window, her usual spot, she had run into something and suddenly her iced coffee was no longer in her hand but spilled all over the floor.

Turns out her day could get even worse.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. Are you okay? I'll clean up the-" the boy stammered.

"It's okay, accidents happen." She cut him off giving him a warm smile to hide the fact that she was screaming inside.

"I'll buy you a new one. What was your order?"

Erin didn't want to wait for a new drink, as the line was even longer than before. Even so, she noticed how bad the boy felt.

She couldn't say no.

"An iced coffee."

Still feeling everyone's eyes glued on her, she sat down at the table wiping her shoes in the hope of removing the brown coffee stains.

The song had still been playing, "Turning Page" she found out it was called. Moments later an iced coffee was placed in front of her on the table.

Erin looked up and caught sight of the boy towering over her, holding his own coffee.

She pointed her head towards the dark oak chair in front of her, signaling for him to sit down.

He raised his eyebrow, giving her a confused expression that made her giggle.

Erin had social anxiety and was never the one who found it easy to talk to people, especially invite a complete stranger to come to sit with her.

But there was something different about him.

His figure that was just a foot taller than Erin, his dark wavy hair that met just above his eyebrows, his perfect face shape followed by his sharp jawline, the way the sunlight streamed onto his face revealing the light freckles that he had on his nose, the way she could get lost in his hazel eyes.

Every single thing about him, she found mesmerizing.

He was pretty.

Whatever feeling she had felt when she heard that song for the first time

Erin felt it with him.

"Aren't you going to sit down? You kind of owe me a conversation," She laughed.

And so he did.

I'm going to regret this.

If only she knew that at the moment he had sat down across from her, he'd change her life and she would never be the same again.