six.

-

It has been two weeks since Erin and Reese had exchanged numbers.

Every day, during their free period, they would meet each other in the library at the spot they claimed their own, the window seat.

Within the time they've spent together, the more they've grown to be more comfortable with each other.

When she's with Reese, she lets go of everything. Her thoughts. Her problems. All of them.

He was her escape.

If you asked Erin what the lesson was about, she wouldn't be able to answer that question.

She probably wouldn't even be able to tell you what class she was in.

What mattered to her right now was the clock on the wall as she watched as every minute passes by.

During the whole class period, Erin's legs bounced up and down in her seat, waiting for the sound of the bell.

But she snapped back into reality as her teacher was wrapping up the class.

"I want you guys to think about what your top five favorite things in life are that make life beautiful," the teacher announced.

Once class was dismissed, she threw her backpack over her shoulder and was the first to leave the classroom.

Reese had just sat down at the window seat when Erin pushed open the library door, smiling as she made her way towards his direction.

They sat on the opposite ends of the chair from each other. Erin's leg was lifted to her chest while the other was resting on Reese's lap.

Pulling out the notebook from her backpack, she turned to the next blank page.

"5). Books"

She found herself staring blankly at the paper for a while, but reading was all she could think of.

"You always write in that notebook," he said, "Will you ever let me see what you write in it?"

"Of course not." She laughed as she put the notebook away, taking her book out after.

After a while of reading, Reese trailed his eyes towards the girl across from him. He had forgotten about his book and was admiring her instead.

Her hair was tucked behind her ears.

He noticed how her hair was always like that when she read, it was his favorite thing.

Erin saw Reese looking at her from the corner of her eye. She peeked her head out of her book to catch him in the act.

She expected him to hide in his book like he always did when he got caught.

But this time, he didn't look away.

The sunlight had just streamed onto her face, and her dark eyes revealed a light brown color.

"You have beautiful eyes." Reese said.

"Want a closer look?" Erin leaned in closer, not breaking eye contact with him.

As she moved forward, her hair fell from her ear and down to her face.

Her face close to his as he watches a small smile grow on her lips. The lips he so badly wanted to kiss.

Behind her beautiful smile, was so much more. And he wanted to be the one to figure out what it was if she just let him.

the ways we love.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें