two.

-

The boy set his coffee down on the table and adjusted himself into the seat.

There was a moment of silence between the two, though it wasn't awkward but rather comforting.

Erin caught his attention as he noticed she took the first sip of her coffee.

"An iced coffee huh," The boy laughed, breaking the silence

"Is there something wrong with liking iced coffee?"

His contagious laughter filled the room. Erin couldn't help but join in on the laughter.

"There is actually," The boy said in response, "It's basically watered down coffee, it's disgusting."

"Everyone has different coffee preferences," she scoffed. Her eyes diverted towards the coffee the boy held in his hands.

"Okay then, what did you order?"

"Dark roast." he answered, taking a sip of his lukewarm coffee.

Erin placed her drink down, almost spitting her coffee out. His eyes were met with a disgusted expression plastered on her face.

"You like bitter coffee? That's even worse than watered down coffee."

"Everyone has different coffee preferences," the boy mocked. They laughed it off and both agreed to end their small argument.

The boy took off his jean jacket and placed it behind him on the wooden chair. Underneath his jacket, he was dressed up in a beige flannel layered with a white crew neck, and black denim jeans.

Erin had more of a comfortable outfit with an unzipped black oversized jacket that revealed a gray crop top underneath, high-waisted light washed denim jeans, and converse platforms that added a few centimeters to her height.

"Do you come here often?" Erin questioned whilst reaching into her backpack grabbing what looks like to be a school textbook.

"This my first time actually," he said in response, "What about you?"

"I come here every day, this place is like my second home."

Erin flipped through the textbook pages and began writing on the papers that were scattered across the table. The boy noticed that her textbook looked oddly familiar.

"Do you go to Ridge High School?"

"No, I just happen to own a textbook from Ridge," she laughed, "Do you?"

"No, I just happen to know what high school that textbook belonged to." Erin rolled her eyes, attempting not to acknowledge the dirty smirk plastered on his face.

In curiosity, the boy looked over at what the girl was writing, and his eyes diverted to the top corner of her paper that read

"Erin Davidson."

Looking up from her book, her eyes met with his.

"Pretty name."

He never would have expected himself to accept a complete stranger's invitation to sit down and talk over coffee.

But there was something different about her.

Her long brunette hair that ended right below her hips, her side-swept bangs that perfectly framed her round face, her dimples that appeared at the corner of her mouth from her warm smile, her short figure that only reached up to the boy's shoulder with the help of her platforms, the way he could get lost in her dark brown eyes.

Every single thing about her, he found mesmerizing.

She was beautiful.

They had spent the past few hours at the coffee shop together, too busy to notice that the sun had already started to set.

The natural sunlight was replaced with a soft yellowish light illuminated from the string lights draped between the indoor tree branches.

"It's getting pretty late, do you want me to give you a ride home?" The boy half-joked.

"You barely know me," Erin scoffed.

"Not yet," he rose from his seat giving her a soft grin as he grabbed the jacket from his seat. A smile was given in return from Erin and the boy walked away.

"Wait!" she gently grabbed his wrist and the boy slowly turned back raising his eyebrows.

"I never got your name."

"It's Reese," he said in response with Erin letting go of his wrist, "Reese Matthews."

"Until we meet again, Erin."