Chapter 56

ANDREI lowered his eyes, he's standing at the very top of the mountain, watching the madness ensued. His lip curled, but winced at the sting from the bite Eldwin had inflicted earlier.

His whole body hurt, and he was thankful for the coldness of the night, since it numbed his body.

Eldwin was out there somewhere in the woods, his attempt to breach the pack of the strongest pack in USA is probably uninspired as every other idea the alpha had come up with in the last hundred years. They've won, that's true. For now. But from what he knew of Louis Caine's pack, they have strong backers, it will not long before they retaliate. And if that happens, the pack of mismatch wolves that Alpha King Eldwin has for a pack will meet its end.

Andrei had seen the route Eldwin take with his wolves, and Andrei knew that it will be a failure. The men Eldwin had sent to the park gates were dead or taken hostage, and Andrei could spare no more time waiting around. Eldwin was a lost cause, and for the very first time Andrei can feel his hatred for the Alpha slowly dissappear.

They were once mate, but Andrei broke their bond. He killed their child and he will never forgive him for that. And now he wants revenge. Actually, even that will not be enough to make things right. Andrei just wanted to let him self move on. Searching for someone who has a similarities with him is just a ruse to make himself forget about his past. Now, that he'd seen the young human he's sure that they were not related. He's part wolf, part human. Nothing like him. They might have the same countenance but it doesn't mean they are related. Although meeting him led him to Eldwin, at least he's thankful for that. Now, he can finally have his revenge and move on.

Full of hatred and sick fury burning his gut. He wanted Eldwin to suffer, Andrei swore and turned back he's still has a werewolf to hunt.

###

ELDWIN CREPT along the side of the cabin, the lights low, voices muted. The rear of the building was dark, and just above his head a balcony door was cracked open. He caught the scent of pain and fear, and knew that Louis mother and siblings were just overhead. The beta wolf is might be up there too. There was no sign of the Alpha, so he must be out there dealing with his wolves at the gates.

Eldwin took one last look around the darkened exterior of the cabin, then leapt up, his claws catching the railing. He pulled himself over, and crouched on all fours before creeping across the balcony to the door. He listened, hearing the slow steady beat of hearts, and the sound of someone whispering.

"Mom..." the voice cut out, the whisper drowned out by the wind. The storm was still very much present, but not as severe as it had been when the lightning storm eradicated the wolves Eldwin had sent to attack the cabin. He'd seen them all die a horrible death, and then made his way through the park to the cabin alone.

He stuck his nose in past the open door, the room dark. He couldn't see anyone, and risked entering a few steps more.

The lights flicked on, and a foot connected firmly with his rump, sending him sprawling into the back of a couch. He whirled, teeth bared, and resisted the urge to cower under the glacial stare of his ex bitch, Andrei. He slammed shut the balcony door, and her skinny little brat side kick walked around the couch to stand at his side.

"Always a fool, Eldwin McLennan," he growled, eyes burning bright. He snarled back at him, teeth bared, and made to leap at the beta bitch, but his hand slapped out and landed across his temple. And everything went dark...