chapter five

Song suggested: any sad or calming song ;)

    Clay woke up.

    The light coming from the window was blaring into his eyes and caused him to wake. It felt like it was about 11 in the morning if he had to guess, but he searched for his phone to check. Clay fully opened his eyes and realized there was something, or someone, laying on his chest. His arm was trapped under something as well. It was George. The smaller brunette was laying on his chest, curled up next to him.

    Clay was confused to say the least. What happened last night? Did George remember? Clay had been too drunk to remember anything past sitting on the couch later into the party. George was passed out still, and Clay didn't want to move him. He sat there, utterly confused and wondered why the boy he had just talked to for the first time 2 days ago, was cuddling with him. Clay found his phone and realized it was only a little after 10am. Then he texted Sapnap. Surely his best friend would know what happened.

Clay
yo, what happened last night?
10:27 am

    Clay then spent time on his phone, scrolling through social media waiting for Sapnap to answer. He heard a buzz. It was George's phone. The contact said 'Karl (:'. Clay was curious to see what it said. Maybe it was about what happened last night, he remembered seeing Karl during spin the bottle and other times with George. 'Spin the bottle'. The thought registered in Clays mind. He quickly erased the thought.

Clay grabbed George's phone, being as careful as he could to not wake the boy. He thought he might as well see if Karl knew what happened, because who knew when Sapnap would wake up. George didn't have a password, Clay just guessed he didn't have a reason to.

"Well that was easy," Clay muttered quietly.

He got on and went to messages. Before clicking on Karl's contact, he noticed his name. It happened to be, 'Clay <3'. Clay had a soft smile on his face, he giggled but quickly shut himself down. What was he doing? George meant nothing to him. Or at least like that. Clay freed his other arm that was wrapped around George and scoot over a bit. Just enough for George to be laying on him but not waking him. Then he went to read the messages Karl had sent.

Karl (:
hey! sorry i left you, me
and Alex decided that we would
leave you be with your boyfriend ;)
9:52 am

tell me when you need me
to pick you up, or just
let me know what you're doing
10:31 am

I guess George really did have feelings for him. Clay was still curious about what happened, so he asked Karl through George's phone.

Karl (:
tell me when you need me
to pick you up, or just
let me know what you're doing
seen

Georgie
will do. but what all
happened last night?

i cant remember.
10:33 am

Karl seemed to text back fairly quick. It seemed like him and George were very close.

Karl (:
not to much after i saw
Clay drag you into the room,
me and Sapnap went to hang
around for the night until about
3:30. then he unlocked the door
somehow to find y'all snuggling.
10:34 am

he shut down the party
and cleaned up for Clay. then i
left with Alex. i hope what i saw means
that Clay likes you. :)
it'd make my heart happy
10:35 am

Karl was becoming friends with Sapnap? I guess it's cool that Sapnap is friends with George's best friend. Clay erased the thoughts once again. He wanted George off of his mind. Sapnap had also texted him back, saying almost the same thing Karl did. Clay was so confused with himself. He didn't know what else happened. He now knew that he's the reason George is laying next to him, but what else happened?