chapter six

Song suggested: just play your whole sad playlist. :(

He hoped they would be right.

    It was the next morning. George woke up before everyone else considering he was the first one asleep. The day before consisted of playing Minecraft, snacking, talking about their problems, and just doing everything the group would usually do. Except yesterday was filled with more things to get Clay off of George's mind.

    George decided to grab the clothes he had brought over the day before and went into the bathroom to shower. He just needed to relax a little bit, and the shower was his best option. He stood in the shower letting the water pelt his face, and fall down his body. George was keeping the 'meeting Clay' part of his day out of his mind. Finally, he decided to get out, because he didn't need to use all of the hot water at his friends house. George got dressed into some jeans and a sweatshirt. It was about the same thing he wore every day, but he chose the nicer options of the two pieces of clothing. He fixed his hair and went back into Karl's bedroom.  Karl and Alex were already awake waiting for him.

    "Finally," Alex laughed.

    George didn't meant to take that long, but i guess time got away from him while he was relieving his stress by sitting under the warm water.

    "Sorry, i guess i took longer than i meant to," George apologized.

    Karl laughed. He didn't know why George apologized. Him taking a long shower was fine. Karl and Alex began to get out of bed to go get ready. The other two had showered the night before, so they simply threw on their clothes and didn't do much with their hair. Alex had a nice, black dress shirt on with sweatpants. George looked at his outfit. He was confused why there was a nice shirt, and just normal, comfortable pants. Oh well, it wasn't his outfit. Karl dressed in a big purple hoodie with black jeans. Then they all laid back on the bed. There wasn't really anything for them to do at the moment.

    "Hey, you should go ahead and text Clay," Karl mentioned.

    George gulped. He had forgotten that he was suppose to meet up with Clay later that day. He almost backed out, but he wanted to know if Clay really cared for him, or if it was some lame party mistake. George pulled out his phone and went to him and Clay's messages.

George :)
hey, random question
can we meet up somewhere later? i
need to ask you something.
12:48pm

    George threw his phone onto the bed. His hands quickly moved from out in the open to his face, covering his eyes. He wished he never texted Clay. George wished he had just let everything slip away from his memory and forget it ever happened. Then, Clay answered.

Clay <3
sure ig.
12:49pm

George
is the park fine?

Clay <3
yeah. see you in a
hour unless you cant do
that time.
seen

    George didn't expect to be meeting up with Clay that soon. He decided to just agree and go then. He announced it to Karl and Alex and they all agreed to go ahead and get it out of the way. Time passed very slow. The three sat on Karl's bed doing their own things on their phones. George put his phone down. He kept checking the time over and over again, and it was just making time go by slower than it already was. He stared at the ceiling, hoping that his friends were right about Clay. Maybe they were right. His friends were never wrong, and he's never doubted them. However, this was a completely different situation. This was Clay Taken they were talking about.

    "We should probably head there now, so we can be there in time," Karl spoke up.

    Alex and George both nodded and walked out after Karl. All of them got into the car with George taking the passenger seat up front. He needed Karl's comfort, and Alex didn't mind being in the back. He was here for his friend, and that's all that mattered. Karl started the car and began the 15 minute drive to the park. George slid his hand into Karl's free hand, squeezing it tightly for comfort. Karl grabbed George's hand a little tighter, signaling that he was there for George. It had seemed like the longest 15 minute ride ever. It felt more like an hour to George. He got out while his friends stayed in the car. The plan was that they would stay in the vehicle and observe while George went to talk to Clay. George looked around the area trying to scope out Clay. There he was. He was on the bench to George's right. George began walking towards Clay and had caused the dirty blonde to glance up at him. He quickly moved his eyes back down to his phone. George sat down next to Clay, making sure to leave enough room between the two.

    George stared at his hands below as he fidgeted with his fingers. Clay kept looking at him with confusion. George was the one who asked to meet in the first place.

    "So?" Clay asked. "Why did you want to meet up and 'talk'?"

    George sat there, frozen. Then he looked back at Clay, making eye contact.

    "Clay, i- i don't know how to put this, but i just wanted to ask about the night of the party," George finally got out while beginning to stutter.

    Clay sat there. Waiting for George to ask the actual question. What about the party? He hoped it wasn't about them waking up in the same bed the morning after.

    "Did you mean it?" George asked quietly.

    "Mean what?" Clay asked in return.

    "Everything you said to me. Everything you did that night. Clay, you telling me all of those things that made me feel like i was something special. The way you kissed me. Did you really mean it?" George spit out. He was stuttering terribly and felt like he was about to break. It was so much stress. What was Clay going to say in return?

    "George," Clay paused. "I kissed you?"

    "I mean, yeah. A few times," George answered with his voice sounding scared.

    Clay was disgusted with himself. Why would he kiss another guy? What was wrong with him? It wasn't just George, it was just the fact it was generally another guy. That was the reason he was bothered. This caused a fire to light in his mind. He was furious with himself.

    "No. I didn't mean any of it." Clay replied sternly.

    George began to slowly sink into the bench. He was about to apologize and leave until Clay began to speak again.

    "Look George, i don't know if you get the hint or not, but i'm straight, and i'm not into you. That kiss meant nothing to me. Everything i did during that night meant nothing. You mean nothing to me. I was drunk, okay? Why didn't you just get the hint already. I don't like you like that, and i never will." Clay spoke as he slowly got angrier and louder with each sentence.

    George sat there. Trying his best to keep the tears from falling down his cheek. It was to late. He felt the liquid fall from his eyes and roll down his cheek. Just in that moment, Clay got up and walked off.

    George just wanted to know why he could never do anything right.

(1265 Words)
——————————————————————-
hey besties!! i hope this chapter made you cry, because those were my intentions lmao. also, i hope you enjoyed it as well though. i tried to make this one less, 'all over the place'.

anyways, i hope all of you are doing great and i love you! eat and drink today please. :))