chapter 6'

A week had passed, and today the team had to meet to get the final time and place info about the training camp.

You were a little anxious about the event, yes, but had come to terms with it.

The past few days had helped you clear your mind and rationalise the situation, and you were finally ready to face Kenjiro and apologise properly.

What's the point in lying, you missed him...a lot. And maybe he missed you too..

~time skip to the team meeting~

You were checking if every team member was there by writing a tick next to their name, when suddenly you freezed: there was no tick next to Kenjiro's name, actually, he was the only one absent.

You informed the coach, and he told you to go out and call him because "everyone had to be there, this is not some game" as he said.

Call him? Oh yeah, that's just what you needed! How awkward was it going to be from 1 to 10000?! [take a guess in the comments].

But it was either that or getting yelled at by the coach, and suddenly, calling Kenjiro was less scary.

Anyway, you started hesitantly making your way outside the gym, phone in your hand.

You looked around making sure nobody was near to listen to you stutter on the phone, and began looking for his number through the contacts.

"Kenji, red heart? Pfft, is that how I'm saved on your phone? We're not a couple, yknow?" a voice said from behind you.

You jumped, "W-what?! When did you- I-I know we're not! In fact, I-..I was just about to modify the name right now! you tried to save yourself as a blush spread across your face.

"Hmhm, for sure..."

"Y-you're late, by the way! Coach is looking for you, s-so hurry..." you slowly pointed to the gym door.

He gave you a salty "Tsk" as he resumed walking towards the gym.

As he got further, you exhaled.

What the hell just happened?

Did he actually see how you saved his contact?! God that's- UGH! So embarrassing!! Idiot, idiot, idiot Y/N!

You kept blushing, but kept his contact name as it was; then walked back inside the gym.

You sat next to the coaches in silence and listened as they gave info about the training camp: it was a five day event, other 7 teams were gonna be there, but most importantly, the place was pretty far and near the countryside, which you loved.

The bus drive was in a few days, and it was going to be very early in the morning; this you did not love as much.

Either way, you started growing more and more excited, not only for the Kenjiro case, but also about the opportunity of seeing other excellent teams play and their techniques.

Your face was glowing, and a certain someone couldn't help but stare.

"Someone is down baaad~" Tendou whispered to Shirabu "you should be less obvious, yknow?~...I heard all about what happened, forgive her will you?~"

Shirabu slightly jumped and began blushing "T-That's none of your business"

"Aww, look at that little stutter~"

Tendou kept mocking him until the end of the meeting, while Shirabu was constantly trying not to look up at your gorgeous face.

~~~~~~

The meeting ended and you quickly said goodbye to the team wanting to head back home and start making your luggage for the event...until you felt a big hand on your shoulder.

"Hello hello Y/N~ ready to get your Kenji back? Please say yes, he's been particularly salty lately" he said gripping his shirt dramatically, faking a heart attack.

"H-hey! Lower your voice Satori!!...That's my plan, yes..what about it"

"Your old Satori could help, yknow?~"

"Hahah no thanks! You just wanna have fun, I know you too well.."

"Pretty manager caught me red handed~...but seriously, if you need a hand, don't hesitate to ask" he flashed you a smile and started walking away in his usual slouched posture.

Well, at least you had sneaky Satori on your side.

You looked up and saw Kenjiro being scolded by Semi, as usual, and a small smile formed on your face.

Only a few seconds later you noticed Shirabu was staring back at you, completely ignoring the third year's scolding.

You both blushed and quickly looked away, and just as quickly you started walking back to your house.

That day was particularly nice: the beginning of spring.

The sunlight rested beautifully on the trees, and some managed to escape the thick leaves and reach the ground, forming moving circles; the wind caressed everything so lightly and moved your hair the most enjoyable way; everything was silent, only nature could be heard; that's what you loved.

Spring made you feel light, like a new start was near and you did not need to rush to reach it, because it would've come to you.

As you enjoyed the space around you, you thought maybe...another kind of spring was gonna bloom into your life this year.

•••••••••••

Hi guys~ thank you for waiting so long!!

Ik I said I would've published the chapter before the end of February but I unfortunately couldn't make it (school stuff 😭), so sorry about that :(

BUT! This story is #1 on shirabuxreader!!! That's so crazy!

Thank you guys so much for supporting and following this fanfic 💜💜💜

Have a good day/evening/night~