chapter 4'

Ushijima kept patting and caressing your back ever so lightly, which caused you to calm down and, eventually, to stop crying.

"Don't worry, y/n, I'm not mad at you"

You were relieved: you and Ushijima had a great relationship being the captain and the manager, so he wasn't as cold and careless towards you as he usually was with strangers.

"Thank you" you said "I'm sorry for causing trouble.. I know how important it is for the team members to be close, I didn't mean to ruin that."

"It wasn't all your fault.. we both know Hayato and Kenjirou are very short tempered, they often get into little fights...

Anyway y/n, I shouldn't be telling you this but regardless of what he told you, Shirabu is very into you, forgive him if he's harsh: that's his way to show you he cares."

You looked at him wide eyed.

He wasn't wrong: Shirabu had called you such bad things to defend himself from the pain.

You didn't disgust him, you never did, he was just so in love with you that, seeing someone else steal you so easily, his heart ached.

"I'll sort this out as soon as possible, I promise" you said, smiling at him, to which he smiled back.

"I believe you can y/n" he stopped talking for a second but suddenly looked like he remembered something "it'd be nice if you could manage to do that before the summer training camp.. it's in a week"

"WHAT?" you almost screamed.

You had totally forgot about the summer training camp coming up so soon... gosh that was gonna be ride.

But one thing was for sure: you were going to get Shirabu back.

~

A few days had passed, you went on dates with Yamagata, made out with him for hours, but as expected it never felt as great as the kisses Shirabu gave you that day in the bathroom: as much as you wanted to hide it, you had fallen for him, and no one else.

Yamagata was just a distraction to fill the void in your heart, as tough as that sounds.

You really wanted to talk with Shirabu, even just to apologise once again, but you knew he would have probably straight up ignored you; that's why you decided to wait until the training camp, so that he wouldn't have had time & space to avoid you.

First of all though, you had to end anything there was between you and Yamagata.

One day after practice you two met, as planned.

"hey baby" he said as he reached you, grabbed your butt and placed his lip on yours.

You put your hand on his cheek and deepened the kiss: you figured you would give him a proper goodbye.

After a few minutes of making out, you lightly pushed him away, and he looked at you with a confused face.

"Hayato, I have to tell you something"

He once again came closer to you and started placing kisses on your left cheek "What is it? Mhh"

You breathed in and out, gathered up some confidence and went for it.

"Hayato you're a handsome guy, I was lucky to be this close to you and I really enjoyed it, don't get me wrong...

but I don't feel like lying to you any further.

I really thought this would work, but no matter what I can't stop thinking about Kenjirou, and I don't wanna start something with you while I feel for someome else.

Please forgive me, but this has to end here."

You breathed out: you had finally said it. As scared as you were to look up into his eyes, you managed.

Yamagata was on the verge of tears, some had already spilled, but had a tiny smile on his lips.

"Ugh, I knew this was too good to be true" at this point he started actually crying due to the sudden info you gave him.

You took him in your arms, like that he was crying on your shoulder.

He took his time and, between sniffs, he said "Its ok y/n, I really don't blame you.. actually, I'm thankful you were honest in the end, and that you let me have a taste of you.

These last words made you miserable, but you knew you had done the right thing.

"I'm sorry as well" he added "for making all those scenes, I tend to get a little.. jealous..

Anyways, don't worry about me, if it's Kenjiro you want then it's Kenjiro you gotta go for"

A few minutes had passed of you stroking his back, when at one point he lightly patted your shoulder, stood straight and dried his tears with his sleeve.

At that moment he gave you a genuine smile "Good luck with that guy"

You smiled back, your eyes a bit damp "Thank you, I'll need it!"

He kissed your forehead one last time, then said goodbye.

~

You felt relieved, you finally got this fixed and was ready to start again, with Kenjiro.

I mean, you would've had to get him to talk to you first, but that was a problem for the future you.

That being said, you turned around and started walking back home, enjoying the upcoming sunset.

While walking you remembered about the summer training camp, and started thinking about ways to make Shirabu forgive you.

"Y/n" a voice behind you said firmly.

COACH WASHIJO?

~

Washijo: let's go outside

Y/n: Go outside for wha?

Washijo: WE GON FIGHT

see you next chapter 😄😄