2

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to KENMAAAAAAAAA~! Happy birthday to you!" Kuroo chanted the lyrics out like a maniac as he danced around in the living room while Kenma's parents were beside him, clapping their hands to accompany the rhythm. Kenma smiled ever so lightly and hid his face with his curtain of black hair, blushing lightly from embarrassment.

After singing the birthday song, Kuroo pushed his friend to the middle, "Blow the candle and make a wish!" He cooed, staring at the warm flare flickering, Kenma nodded his head, he closed his eyes, lashes fluttering and he mumbled some words softly, so soft that even Kuroo couldn't hear what he was saying.

Then, he blew out the candle.

Cheers and clappings echoed across the room along with laughters, Kuroo held Kenma's hands tightly as he pulled him to a dance, they jumped and swayed, it felt great. Despite not liking being in the centre of attention, Kenma didn't mind sharing this kind of intimacy with his parents and Kuroo, the 3 people he trusts most.

"I bought you a gift, open it!" Kuroo chimed excitedly, his ecstatic face and bright smile was like a sun, his eyes filled with enthusiasm, which Kenma found surprising as he seldom witnessed such excitement from his friend. So he carefully unwrapped the present, and he opened the box.

Inside the box, there laid a keychain with a figure of a cat hanging by it. There was a red ribbon tied around it, it was adorable. Kenma gazed at the keychain, his golden-yellow eyes gleaming with curiosity, he took it out and placed it on his palm to have a better look.

Kuroo smirked and grinned, "Glad you like it," He said proudly, patting Kenma's head as his hand ruffled through his black hair. The boy smiled, and turned to his parents, who were smiling at them, "We also prepared something for you Kenma."

They led the boys outside the house, and there stood a bicycle, Kenma was too shock to react while Kuroo was simply smirking, his parents chuckled, "It's time for you to learn how to ride a bike now, so you can use it when you go to school... or different places..." They exclaimed, and Kenma covered his mouth as a small giggle escaped from his mouth.

He slowly approached his parents and pulled them into a hug, it was unusual for him, but he was so thankful, "Thank you for all of this..." He murmured.

They finished eating the cake within minutes and so the boys decided to try using the bicycle, Kuroo claimed that he was an expert so he shall bear the responsibility of teaching Kenma how to ride a bike, they ran towards the garden and brought the bike to the playground.

"Hop on!" Kuroo said happily, patting the seat of the bike with a grin, "I'll push you from behind so you won't fall." Kenma frowned, "You'll definitely stop pushing me, that I'm certain." he hissed as he sat on the bike hesitantly.

Kuroo looked away and smiled awkwardly, because he was going to stop pushing the bike and let Kenma do it himself, but his friend has always been the smart one, so it was only normal that he knew what he would have done. Nevertheless, he still let loose of the bike after pushing it for a while, Kenma did notice it but he didn't seem to care.

"GO KENMA!!!" Kuroo chanted, jumping up and down he waved happily at the boy, who was smiling as well because it appeared that he was able to control the bike. But only after a short moment of celebratory, Kenma fell off upon losing his focus, he didn't flinch or anything, but he just sat there, not moving and watched as the blood dripped on the ground.

Kuroo gasped and ran towards him, he kneeled and his eyes were brimmed with tears, "Why are you the one crying?" Kenma scoffed, he continued staring at his wound, he bit his lips and turned away, almost as if he was scared to cry in front of Kuroo.

Kuroo frowned and he wiped his tears away with his arm, pouting a bit he mumbled under his breath, "I'll c-carry you..." he blushed from embarrassment and let his back face Kenma so that he could climb onto him easily. The boy wrapped his arms around Kuroo's shoulders hesitantly, and his legs wobbly as he tried to climb onto his back.

After struggling for a while, Kuroo stood up, his forehead already matted with sweat and his shirt covered with some muddy handprints from Kenma, "You okay?" He asked, Kenma nodded his head and laid his face onto Kuroo's shoulders, Kuroo could hear the soft sniffles and the heartbeat of the boy, oh, how much he wanted to hug him right now. He grabbed the bike with one if his hands and began walking towards Kenma's house.

Luckily, the distance between the park and Kenma's house was quite short, so Kuroo was able to bring Kenma home without struggling, upon letting him down, he noticed how puffy Kenma's eyes were and he could felt wetness on his shoulder, with a frown, he gave him a hug.

"It's okay," He said softly, ruffling through his hair and rubbing circles on his back, he pushed Kenma in, and bowed to his parents, "Sorry auntie, sorry uncle, Kenma fell down because I was being irresponsible." He apologised, and he looked up, they simply smiled and patted Kuroo's head, "It's not your fault, now go back home before your parents get worried, Kenma will be fine, don't worry."

Kuroo nodded his head and thanked them, he waved at Kenma, and gazed at his wounds, holding a thumbs up, "I'll come by tomorrow, don't worry!" He said, trying to cheer him up which did as Kenma nodded with a small grin.

File Name: 16th October, 2007