5

"KUROO SAN!" Yamamoto cried, tears rolling down his cheeks endlessly and loud sniffings echoing across the classroom, "Yamamoto, calm down, we're graduating, not dying." Yaku sighed heavily, who was fixing his tie, mothering his teammate one last time.

After the graduation ceremony, the team decided to stay with the third year's classmates for a last reunion at school. And so, while Yamamoto was performing some dramatic dialogues to his senpais, Kenma was playing on his gameboy, he sat on one of the desks and groaned upon staring at the big words indicated on his screen, "DEFEAT".

He rolled his eyes and hissed, "Must be all these moody atmosphere, affecting my focus... and that boring graduation ceremony..." He mumbled under his breath and glanced at Kuroo, who was gazing at him with a smile but he blushed slightly and looked away upon noticing that Kenma saw it.

"Kenma, why aren't you sad? THEY'RE GRADUATING!" Yamamoto exclaimed, swinging his arms back and forth to explain how much he would miss Kuroo, Kai and Yaku. Kenma of course, wasn't listening attentively, his gaze was cloudy and he yawned, "It's not like they're dying, besides, I can still see Kuroo from time to time..."

The room went silent and Kai chuckled, "Well you aren't wrong, you two do live close together, I supposed that Kuroo's graduation wouldn't affect you much." He smiled and Yaku nodded his head in agreement, "And we can still come by to watch your matches, don't worry!" He turned to Yamamoto and Fukunaga, "You two better take care of Kenma."

The two boys saluted and Yaku turned to Lev, "AND YOU BETTER PRACTICE YOUR RECEIVES!" He shouted, kicking Lev's legs causing the taller one to yelp in pain, "Okay, okay, demon senpai, stop mothering them," Kuroo said mockingly, Yaku turned and kicked Kuroo as well, he smiled and crossed his arms together, "I had a lots of fun at this school, thank you all."

"Stop it with your sentimental speech Yakkun." Kuroo yelled, and yet another argument between them evolved, but they broke into laughter, Kai smiled as well and he gave the third year a hug, "I'm glad."

They gave Kai a hug, trying to hold back their tears, "I'm gonna miss this team... a lot." Kuroo said, he giggled and turned to his teammates, "We're like the blood in our veins." He said suddenly, his teammates followed his lead without any hesitation and so did Kenma, "We must flow without stopping. Keep your oxygen moving and your mind working" The team roared with a loud cheer afterwards, and in midst of the cheerings, Kuroo and Kenma gazed at each other with a smile.

The first and second years bowed at the third years, caught up in the moment, tears and sobbing began echoing across the classroom, "THANK YOU!" Yamamoto chanted emotionally, the team broke into laughter and they formed a circle to hug each other.

"We're finally graduating..." Kai said, memories of the time he had spent here at this school flooded his mind, the constant bickering between Kuroo and Yaku, the time when Kenma lost his focus during a match, the time when his teammates got into a fight, they were all such beautiful memories.

The team bid farewell to each other, Kenma waited for Kuroo, who was taking pictures with his friends until it was about 6, but he didn't rush him, after all, he was finally leaving this school. After these eventful 3 years, he was finally graduating, and Kenma was so proud of him.

Kuroo waved to his friends and turned to Kenma with a smile, "Let's go." He said, he grabbed his bag and loosen his red tie, holding Kenma's hand tightly as he led him out of the classroom.

"Before we head home, I want to go somewhere."

Kuroo got on his bike and he patted his backseat, "Get on, we're going to the beach." He flung his bag onto the basket and waited for Kenma to get on, the boy sat on the seat hesitantly, he wrapped his around Kuroo's waist and laid his head on his back.

Kuroo didn't expect him to be so active but he didn't mind it at all, so they began their ride to the beach. It wasn't faraway, and the ride was rather peaceful, it was summer by then, the birds passed by, chirping and the sun was setting, a blanket of pink and orange covered the sky and the silent, serene atmosphere surrounding them felt surreal.

Kenma could feel Kuroo's heartbeat, it was slow and steady, the rhythm created was so calming that he almost fell asleep, until Kuroo decided to interrupt the absolute silence between them.

"Kenma, you know, I like going to the beach during summer." He said cheerfully, it was so out of the blue and Kenma just chuckled, "Yea... I know that." He said shyly, burying his head on Kuroo's head.

They could hear the sounds of the ocean waves and the seagulls, they quickly hopped off the bike and they ran towards the beach. They took off their shoes and rolled up their pants as they stepped onto the water, Kenma could feel the sand running through his toes and the waves crashing onto them, he giggled and smiled, the sunset was gorgeous.

The sea, sparkling and twinkling like stars as the rays of sunlight reflected on the surface of it, the waves crashed onto the rocks and the soft humming of Kuroo... he felt like he was in heaven...

Warmth flowed from him, his lips quivered and his breathless voice trembling upon the soft breeze that blew against him.

"I like you." Kuroo said suddenly, he grabbed Kenma's hand and gripped it tightly, "I like you Kenma." Kuroo blushed and turned away, flustered and embarrassed, he bit his lips and said it again, "I like you."

They stood there in silence for a moment and Kenma bent down, he placed a few strands of his hair behind his ear and smiled, "I... like you... too." He found a seashell and picked it up, handing it to Kuroo, he stood on his tiptoes, attempting to give a peck on the cheek for Kuroo, but this time, Kuroo bent down and held the side of Kenma's cheeks, his face, a few inches away from Kenma's and he pressed his forehead against him.

They broke into a small chuckle and Kuroo stroked Kenma's cheek lovingly, "You have no idea... how much I wish to experience this with you once again..."

The last sunshine fell with romantic affection upon their faces, the glow faded gradually, yet their eyes were still gleaming with such affection, Kuroo's obsidian eyes and Kenma's golden-yellow eyes twinkled with hope and love, and the once crimson sky now was covered with a darker shades of blue.

"I like you too."

File Name: 17th June, 2012