8

"Thanks for checking up on me, I just had a headache this morning, I'll get to work tomorrow." Kuroo said nonchalantly, he leaned against the wall and opened the door for Yaku, who claimed that he should head back to work.

Yaku gave him a reassuring smile, patting his shoulder, "You better. Your colleagues come to my cafe very often, so I know." He said sheepishly with a wink, he then took out his phone and sent some message to Kuroo through messenger.

"If you're interested, feel free to come to the reunion on Sunday, the team... they miss you a lot." He said, he then waved at Kuroo, "We- I miss you."

Kuroo locked the door after bidding farewell to Yaku, he grabbed his phone from his coffee table and read the message that Yaku sent carefully.

"Nekoma High Students Reunion! @6:00~10:00! March 1st Sunday! Golden Night!" He let out a small chuckle, smiling at it, he was sure that this reunion was organised by Yamamoto, the excessive use of exclamation marks was awkwardly stupid, and he had been organising reunions each year after he graduated.

Kuroo and Kenma used to go there every year as well, after all, the happiest times spent at school were probably with the team, but after his passing, he simply lost every motivation to go there.

2 years... Kuroo thought, he sighed heavily and went to his bedroom to check his closet, picking some decent clothing, "Perhaps it will be nice to see them again..." He mumbled to himself, grabbing a white shirt and a red checkered jacket with a pair of ripped jeans.

"I like seeing you happy."

~

The crowd chanted happily in different groups, fluorescent lights shone brightly, Kuroo wasn't expecting the reunion to be this chaotic and bizzare, last time he came to the reunions, they were simply in restaurants, but now? A karaoke bar.

He saw a few of his former kouhai singing and dancing together, he saw a few of his senpai ordering food for the night, then he found his crowd.

There stood Lev, his silvery white hair soft and brushed tidiedly, he was wearing a black hoodie and he looked rather humble compared to the pictures Kuroo saw on posters when he walked by shops.

He walked towards with his usual devilish smile, "Lev!" He said happily, he swung his arm around his kouhai's neck and ruffled his hand through his silver hair, "How are you?"

Lev giggled in a silly manner like he always had back in high school, "Great! I have received good feedback from people for my modelling career, how about you?"

Kuroo nodded his head and noticed Yaku approaching them, "I'm... doing fine." He said nonchalantly, he waved at Yaku and let go of Lev, "YAKKUN~!" He said enthusiastically, maybe because he hasn't met his friends for so long, he suddenly missed them so much.

Seeing their familiar faces again warmed his heart and he smiled at Yaku brightly, "You came!" Yaku said happily, "The others are late, we can order food first."

He gave Lev a nod and latched onto Kuroo's arm, leading him towards the menu, which was stuck on the wall near some tables. Kuroo noticed the awkward tension between Yaku and Lev, so he sat on a coach and rested his cheek on one of his palms.

"What even happened between you and Lev?" He asked, his eyes following Yaku who sat down opposite to him. Yaku cleared his throat, crossing his arms, "None of your business."

"Hey, you have helped me a lot, so please do tell me." Kuroo pushed further, but Yaku simply groaned, "Shut up," He pondered for a while and sighed, rubbing his temples.