Chapter 2

Eight months earlier

Aaron

I looked through the mails piled up in my study at home. It was nothing but a few spam mails, some invitations nothing much important but I still collected them every day myself and brought them into my study. It was always better to be on the safer side.

Like all those other days, today wasn't the day where everything was fine though. Moving quickly across the room, I made sure that the door was locked. There was no way I would want to be interrupted or have Serilda come in here. This was something that I was always going to hide from her in one way or another. She never had to know about this, not when she was already stressed with something that wasn't in our control.

It was a letter named to her. Typed in the cursive form was her first name. No address of return on the envelope like always. I knew where it came from and I was done with it. I was scared for a minute about what it would be today. Their frequency had increased over time. For the last three months, it had just been once a month and now it was twice a month.

Opening up the letter I braced myself what was to come.

Dear Serilda,

How are you? I would really hope you aren't fine knowing that it's me has had your mouth had turned sore and bitter.

I wish I could see the worry and fear over your face from hearing from me.

It's really sad to know that you never respond to my letters. I want to hear you scream, hear your cries, and hurt you as much as you have hurt me.

I think God is punishing you for what you have done to me. It has been three years of your marriage and you still couldn't get pregnant. If it had been in my hand I would have taken out your ovaries and crushed them. You shouldn't be allowed to be a mother when you have destroyed your own blood and sister. But no worries I promise one day I would do that too.

I'm keeping a keen eye on you and with time as you don't give me anything back I would give your more and more pain through my words. Maybe I would just give you a visit or a call in the middle of the night. The doctors said that stress wasn't good for you but he is wrong. Stress has always been your friend, isn't it?

You surely had left it behind somewhere here so I'm sending it you back with each of my letters.

I won't let you get pregnant and if somehow you did I would make sure that it would never breathe. You don't deserve life not after how you destroyed mine. This is nothing but my torture to you.

I would take away all the happiness you have ever wanted a desired. If I can't have it neither can you.

Your loving Sister

Serena

I closed my eyes realising a painful sigh at what I had just read. Serena was getting out of hand. I knew I had to take care of this.

The thought of this letter getting into Serilda's had me sweating. I couldn't lose her anyway. It has took so long for us to be here and be happy. Serilda's past had haunted her, the pain had not let her forget. Her first time had been forced upon her. It wasn't easy coming out from that. The past has drowned her once again when having a child has resulted in nothing but pain. Depression had taken over her and it pained my heart to see her like that. I wanted a family with her more than she wanted because it would keep her happy. It would bring her back to me.

All she wanted was a family. I could understand it really well. She had never had her own. What she had wanted her not to be happy. I wanted this for us but it just wasn't happening but until that I couldn't let Serena's threat get to her. She shouldn't ever get them even if I had to kill herself myself.

Looking at the letter I captured a picture of it and saved it in a secured folder in my pen drive. Opening the window, I pulled out my lighter. Placing the dustbin down on the floor I watched the letter burn to ashes. There was not much evidence and I would never behind anything for Serilda to ever caught upon.

Serena was back to her old antics. Nathaniel had divorced Serena. From what all I knew it was all about her being mentally ill when she was married. The marriage had been called null and void in the first place. Serena's parents had been the ones who had filled the petition for calling off the marriage. Serena was in the mental hospital when it all had happened.

None of them had ever tried to contact us and I was glad about that. It wasn't until the last four months that I had first found a letter named Serilda with nothing over it but her name. She was just trying to abuse Serilda mentally as she had done all those months when she was married to Erik.

Nathaniel had to divorce her in the end. I thought maybe I should contact Nathaniel for this but then I thought that he had escaped this hell and there was no way I would drag him back to it. We all had suffered through her hands. Now Serilda was being targeted once again but this time I wouldn't let it get that far. This time I was going to be a shield for her.

Maybe it was time for me to give a visit to Serena after all. The sooner I put her in her place the soon I would be able to focus on Serilda and myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serilda never knew what went behind closed doors.

Was it for the best? or the Worst?

Only time will tell?

Do you think Aaron made the right decision?

Is Serena was sending her letters or it was her mother?

Nathaniel had divorced her. He was out of the picture.

Now, who was going to protect Serilda.

Would she survive this wave or drown into it.