Chapter 18

Nathaniel

I looked at the woman in front of me. She was speaking, I could hear her words but nothing made sense to me. My mind was elsewhere on a glimpse of the woman I had given my heart to.

"Doctor," my head rose to look at the patient sitting in front of me. I know it was unethical of me to neglect my patient but how could I not when my heart was somewhere else? I looked at the file in front of me, I didn't even know the name of my patient.

"Marge," I called out my patient's name trying to give her my attention but all I could see was her.

"I'm sorry about this," but could we reschedule this session," I could have continued to sit there letting her blabber but that wasn't me. Either I worked with all my heart and mind open or I just didn't. Right now it was stuck on a woman whom I had just dared to get a glimpse of even that had been days old.

"Sorry, I'm having a terrible headache and I'm just not feeling that well," I told her. Marge stared at me with a sad smile which I just mirrored. She was a troubled soul and I wanted to help her out but I couldn't just do it right now. It had been more than two days since I had seen Serilda and Serena but Serilda had consumed all of my thoughts. For a moment it felt like I couldn't function without her. I almost felt like an obsessed psychopath.

"let me reschedule this one for you," AMrge nodded with sympathy in her eyes, making me hate myself at the moment. I hated sympathy.

"I will put this on my tab so you won't be charged for this," I told her picking up the phone to call Kathy to reschedule of Marge's appointment.

"Yes, Doctor," Karthy spoke from the other end.

Read the rest of the chapter on Radish fiction.....................