Chapter 9

Nathaniel

"I got her," I yelled at the people behind me.

Serena had finally collapsed in my arms as the sedative running through her veins had took full effect making her body go limp.

I could finally breathe a sigh of relief. It felt like I had ran a marathon. From a far, Chyna and I were both looking at Aaron being transported and that was when she saw someone causing chaos it took me time to register that it was Serena.

I had went in for a sprint in order to catch her before she reached Serilda. My lungs were screaming in pain besides my legs aching. Serena had still been able to scratch me at her best. The way she had gone frantic as I had grabbed her had only left me wounded and bleeding.

"Bring me the stretcher," I instructed. Serena was sick I could see it. She was not the woman I once knew.

"Where are her parents or the doctor on duty?" Chyna questioned angrily. I turned around and saw her raging at a set of hospital staff. Two men came running with a stretcher and helped me lay Serena down on it.

"Take her inside and keep her safe in her room for now. Don't let anyone in beside her authorized doctors. Not even her parents," both the men nodded to me and a nurse went with them inside.

"How could you let something like this happen!" Chyna was raging at a staff.

"You can go," I butted in. "I will handle it over from here," I added making Chyna turn toward me.

"Let her go," I told her as she looked at me angrily. The woman staff she was madly raging on saw her opening and got away.

"Don't interfere with my work," she yelled at me and I just nodded. "Do you know that woman was the one who informed her where Aaron was? She even told him that he was being moved on all because she thought he was her husband. If Serena wouldn't be caught at the right moment then we would have been handling a lot more of a mess right now."

"I understand that," I sighed looking at my hand with squinting eyes. Serena had scratched my hand and her nails though small but still caused enough scratches to make me bleed.

"But you were already prepared for it, weren't you?" I asked her with a raised brow. "You were carrying a safe sedative in your pocket for her already. You handed that to me as soon as you saw me running after her because you knew I would catch up to her and do everything possible to stop her from reaching Serilda and Aaron," I stated in an accusing way. She just looked at me before moving her eyes in the direction where the ambulance had just taken off.

"Because deep down I knew something like this would happen. Whenever Serilda has happiness in her life grey clouds aren't far away." I looked at her skeptically at the answer she gave me. I stared into her eyes until she averted them and rolled her eyes at me.

"Serena had been awake for a while and had been asking about Aaron ever since she woke up. With her history, I was sure something like this would happen and I think Amelia had the wind about Aaron's whereabouts. Deep down in my gut, I had a feeling that wherever Amelia, Serena, and Serilda were nothing could go as possible," she chuckled the last part. That answer was believable. Something was always happening around when those three were under one roof or when Serena and Serilda were nearby. Was it Amelia's doing or God's doing no one could answer that clearly off.

"And for the part why I gave you the sedative was because I knew you would do everything to safeguard her," I looked at her confusingly as she looked at me smugly. "Anyone would have failed to catch Serena and calm her down but not you."