Utterly Ashamed

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, and doctors weren’t sure if she was going to wake up. Every day I would close up shop and come straight to the hospital, just talking to her and telling her about recent events and things like that. 

Sometimes I would spend the night there, the nurses being kind enough to bring me a blanket sometimes. I would go home after and just lay there, staring up at the ceiling and think about all the different things I could’ve done to prevent this from happening to her. Other nights when I wasn’t at the hospital I would be in a cafe she had taken me to before. It was a small one and had a cozy feeling to it. 

I would sit in the corner booth, the one spot she said was her favourite. Today I was in that little cafe, just drinking some coffee and staring blankly at the empty spot in front of me. 

The sound of the bell ringing took me out of my thoughts. I looked up just in time to see a head of spiky ash blonde hair. I narrowed my eyes in silent anger and watched as he looked around in search of someone. As soon as we made eye contact he came stalking over, his footsteps loud in the silent atmosphere.

I thought of scenarios in my head in case things went south, reminding myself to just use my quirk to get him to leave me alone. We kept eye contact until he stopped at my table, him just staring down at me. 

“Can I fucking help you?” I seethed, definitely not in the mood to deal with him. 

“Don’t talk to me that way you shitty extra!” He growled, his eyes holding a deadly fire that would’ve scared anyone else. He sat down in the seat in front of me and glared at me.

“How bad is it.” He said, his statement not sounding like a question and more like a demand.

“What? The hell are you talking about?” I asked, suspicion rising inside of me.

“You fucking heard me, how bad is it?” He semi-yelled.

I rolled my eyes, my head already hurting just from being near him.

“If you just told me what the hell you’re talking about maybe I coud fucking answer you, you prick.” I gritted out, my patience running extremely thin.

“Uzai! How fucking bad is she!?” He finally yelled out, the few people that were there turned to look at us with the sudden yell.

“Uzai? You mean (y/n)?! You can’t have the fucking DECENCY to call her by her NAME after you land her in a goddamn coma?!! God, you’re such a fucking prick aren’t you? Why the hell would I tell you how she is after what you did to her?! Get the fuck away from me, and better yet, don’t EVER come looking for me again huh?” I stood up and went to leave, purposely forgetting to pay so he would have to.

A small price to pay for bothering me.

(The Next Day. btw this is shinsous pov in case you still didn't know)

The warm rays of sun peeked through my window curtains, lulling me from my sleep and urging me to start my day. I groaned, rubbing my eyes and yawning while I stretched my arms above my head. 

I got up and went to the bathroom to shower and start my shift again, this is going to be a long day, I can already tell.

(y/n’s P.O.V)

I hope I wake up soon, this cold feeling around me is getting to be too much for me today. Just another blanket maybe? I just don’t want to be cold anymore, I don’t want to be asleep anymore. I want to walk around the park or go on roller coasters, anything but stay here.