On This Memorable Day...

The fair was fun. The rides were a bit strange, I'd never really been on anything like them. The loops on the rollercoasters made my stomach feel funny, but it made me smile in exhilarating joy. Shinsou and his friends, who I now learned were named Mina, Kaminari, and Kirishima were polite when they came up to me and didn't jump into anything too quickly.

Although they introduced themselves by their last names, they told me to call them by their first name, saying they knew we were going to get along amazingly. I hoped so.

I didn’t know how to act, still thinking that they were being forced to be nice. But as the night went on, I realized they truly were being friendly by heart. Mina would come to the bathroom with me just to make me feel safer, and Kirishima and Denki would be on either side of me to keep people from bumping into me.

Considering how they knew what made me uncomfortable and what subjects to talk about, I figured Shinsou had told them all about what had happened. I didn't feel bothered by it, if anything, i felt at peace not having to worry about telling them after.

It was late when we started walking back towards Shinsou's shop. It turns out we had lost track of time and had come back too late for a movie night they had planned back at the shop, but they were still down for a sleep over.

To be honest, I was nervous about it. Not really being used to sleeping in the same room with so many people, but I was willing to try it. Shinsou said I could take the bed if I wanted, I told him that it was fine seeing as sleeping on the floor helped my back. It also gave me the experience of an actual sleep over, after all, it's something new.

Mina and Denki were in front bothering Shinsou over something about a toaster being waterproof, and Kirishima tagged along behind them with me. He didn't speak, and neither did I. It wasn't an awkward silence though, no. It was comforting.

He broke the silence after a while though,

"How did you like the fair? I hope it was a fun experience for you, those loops on the rollercoasters were pretty wild!" He said, his toothy grin getting bigger at the end of the sentence.

I looked up at him, "It was actually really fun, the loops were probably the best part, they couldn't beat the sudden drops though."

I was surprised when i finished my sentence, not expecting myself to be so comfortable around him so quickly. I wasn't complaining, it made me feel like I took a step closer to having a normal life again.

"Oh thats right! Yeah, now that I think about it the drops were a lot better. The people who designed it really went all out on some of them." He laughed, probably reminiscing the rides we went on.

When I looked at him closer, I could see how his hair spiked up in positions that had to be very carefully arranged. And how you could see his sharp teeth when he talked or smiled.

Suddenly, Mina spoke out from in front,

"Hey guys! We should play a board game when we get to Shinsou's!"

Shinsou and I looked at her like she had grown two heads and a tail. How could she have so much energy after we spent hours at the fair? I was about ready to forcefully pick up King and then cuddle him against his will while I casually passed out. I'm sure Shinsou was thinking the same thing, I'd probably have to fight him over the cat.

Mina looked back and forth in between Shinsou and me.

"What? C'mon! I know you guys said it was a little too late for a movie like we'd planned it, but a board game isnt that long! Plus I don't know about you two, but the rest of us have plenty of energy left!"