Epilogue part 1

As the days of their marriage turned to weeks, and weeks into months, their love for each other expanded. Waking early one morning, Arwen slipped on a wrapper, and stood out on the balcony, letting the frosty early morning air wash over her.  A few moments later, Aragorn awoke, and walking with the silence of a well-trained ranger, he came to stand beside her.

"Good morning meleth nin," he whispered, nuzzling her cheek.

She smiled back at him with a dazzling smile. "Good morning Estel."

       As they stood on the terrace together, she watched as the breeze played with her husband's uncombed hair. "Sit down," she said, playfully nudging him toward a cushioned chair that was on the balcony. He sat down while Arwen ran into the room, and came back with a brush.

       Carefully taking the brush she stroked his hair until it was smooth. When she had finished, Aragorn took her hand, kissed it, and whispered, "Now your turn." With Arwen now sitting in the chair, Aragorn gently untangled all of the sable locks flowing down his wife's back. When he had finished, she stood up.

Wrapping his arms around her, Aragorn held her in a tight embrace. "There is less grey you know," she whispered. He looked at her slightly confused, so she continued. "Your hair is not so grey now as it was on the day that we married, nor is your face as lined with the wrinkles of worry."

       Brushing the hair out of her face, Aragorn whispered, "I did not have the beloved, and trusted counselor that I do now. It is you that have wrought these wonders, my love." Both smiled and together leaned closer into their embrace until their lips began to touch, the kiss deepening as Aragorn pulled her closer toward him. As the kiss ended, the two separated slowly with a smile, and Aragorn said, "Come, we must prepare for the wedding."

"Yes indeed," said Arwen, her eyes lighting up, "how happy I am for Faramir and Eowyn. They have found happiness and health in each other when it could be found no other place."

       "Just as we have," Aragorn said, bending down once more to kiss his beloved wife.