bonus!

While waiting for chapter 5 (sadly, the last chapter but there WILL be an epilogue:)), I am publishing this little blurb here of what Keefe and the children are up to!

"hi. im lucas!" Lucas's energetic voice boomed, and holding out his hand to a baby Evergreen, who was sitting upright and sucking her thumb. She looked up at Lucas , and cooed. Lucas giggled without realising, and quickly covered his mouth with his hands when he realised he had.

"what's wrong with giggling?" Keefe asked, kneeling down next to Lucas. Keefe, Tam and Fitz were in charge of taking care of the children, while the rest (Sophie, Biana, Linh, Marella, Dex and Wylie) were chatting in the living room. Or playing truth or dare.

Lucas looked up at his adoptive father. "Giggling is for girls." he insisted. "It was evergreen who giggled." he blamed, pointing a finger at the clueless baby, who was leaning on her father's arm.

"Uh-uh. The giggle i heard was quite masculine-y. Besides, giggling is cool. Learn your trends." Keefe told his son.

Lucas seemed to roll his eyes. "W-ell, it wasn't me." he decided to say.

"AWWWW, I cant wait for my children to join your children!" Fitz gushed.

"Hehe." Keefe said, sweat already trickling down his head.

To Keefe, this felt worse than dealing with the Neverseen.