𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑝𝑖𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠
𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍."

the next day, was our first defence against the dark arts lesson, with our new professor, alastor moody

all the students piled in the classroom, with moody stood at the front, telling everyone to hurry up and sit down. i pulled lucie down into the seat next to me, as george and fred slid in the two seats directly behind us.

i pulled out my books, and looked to alastor, giving him a small smirk, but yet again, he did not return said look, and instead, pulled a piece chalk from his pocket, and started the lesson.

why was he ignoring me?

what had i done?

he seemed excited to teach at hogwarts when i spoke to him about it during summer, and he was happy that he'd be seeing me more often.

what the hell was going on?

i slumped back in my chair, thoughts consuming my mind, as i was racking my brain trying to think of a reason for alastor's weird behaviour.

maybe he had just decided that he didnt want to speak to me at hogwarts. maybe it was too dangerous, with sirius only escaping azkaban last year? yeah, that had to be it.

before i knew it, the lesson had finished, and myself, and my three other gryffindor classmates walked our way towards one of the many courtyards of hogwarts, to spend our free period soaking up the sun, whilst it lasted.

the four of us walked towards a tall tree in the corner of the courtyard, and we all slumped against it. fred pulled lucie into his lap, and i rested my head on george's shoulder, still thinking about alastor.

"hey. you okay?" george spoke up, loud enough for me to hear, but quiet enough so the other two wouldn't hear him. "you seem really distracted today." he brushed his arm against my own, and resting his hand upon mine.

"yeah, i'm good, just thinking about the tournament." i lied. i so desperately wanted to tell george how i was feeling, but i knew i'd be in deep shit if i told him anything about the order. i hated lying to him, it really made my heart sink. one of the only people i put my entire trust and faith in, and i had never told him the full truth about where i was from. it hurt my heart to lie to him.

i used to be so dense, how could i not tell i was madly in love with him then and there?

"speaking of the tournament-" fred chimed in, "we think we may have found a way to put our names in the goblet." fred exclaimed, looking to george, who nodded his head whilst grinning.