CHAP.13 - Lunchtime

MINHO POV

First thing next morning when he got to school Minho stopped Chan and talked with him. Minho told him everything about the bullying that had been going on and about the talk he had with Jisung. Chan didn't like what he was hearing one bit and suggested to Minho that he could go to the police and show the messages they had sent. Minho had already thought about that option and said that he would do it if this continued for a long period of time. 

"So who's this Jisung guy? Seems like you trust him a lot." Chan questioned Minho. Minho blushed and thought about what to say. He didn't really know how things had escalated so quickly to this point. "As I've said before he's my partner in the science project. You're right though, I do trust him. I don't really know him that well yet but I was thinking of eating lunch with him and his friends today. Would you like to join in?"  he suggested. "Well, he seems like a nice guy so I'd love to join you guys. 

JISUNG POV

He was hanging out with Felix, Hyunjin, Changbin and Seungmin in the corridor. They were waiting in front of the cafeteria for Minho since they had promised to do so. "So how is this dude? I swear I know nothing about him for real." Changbin asked. "Yeah me neither even though I hang out with him in the beginning. He never tells anything about his past." Hyunjin continued. "Well he is really nice and I hope you treat him well. He might be a bit secretive but he has the right to do that." Jisung defended Minho immediately. "Wow, I've never seen Jisung like this so he must be a good guy then." Seungmin stated. Then they saw Minho walking towards them with Chan. That made every one of them nervous since Chan was extremely popular and they had never talked to him.

"Hey, guys. I brought Chan with me. Hope it's okay?" Minho started talking. "It's absolutely alright. Let's go and eat I'm literally starving right now." Jisung answered and started walking towards the cafeteria. Jisung was way more nervous than he seemed. Bringing Minho to hang out with them was already nerve-racking but him bringing Chan almost pushed him over the edge. There are always multiple options for lunch and today Jisung wanted something fresh and decided to eat some salad with roasted chicken. "You being healthy today, I see." Minho commented on his decision. Jisung giggled and said: "Not really, I just wanted something fresh." "Clearly, I hope you're okay that I brought Chan. I know how you get anxious around new people." Minho wondered. That comment made Jisung feel warm. Even the fact that someone had thought of him being kinda vulnerable around new people. "I swear it's okay. Surely he is a great guy since you hang out with him so much." he assured with a smile on his face. 

They walked to a table and sat down. Minho was sitting in between Jisung and Chan and the other guys sat on the other side of the table. Everyone was just talking about everything in general and enjoying themselves. "So Minho, what have you done before coming here?" Changbin asked totally unaware of his past. Jisung saw on Minho's face that he got a bit serious and Chan had noticed that too. Quickly Jisung grabbed Minho's hand under the table and said to Changbin: "He has moved quite a bit and changed schools multiple times. It's amazing how he is still on track with school." Minho gave a little smile to Jisung and let his hand go. Jisung felt his heart fluttering but he swore to himself it was nothing. Changbin didn't continue asking that kind of questions but started talking about music with Chan. 

After a while, Felix grabbed Changbin's hand and said: "We gotta go now." Changbin looked surprised but didn't complain and stood up. "Yep. We'll be going. See ya in class!" he blurted out. Everyone watched after them and exchanged meaningful glances. They continued conversations when suddenly Minho whispered to Jisung: "Could we talk for a while privately?" He just nodded and stood up saying: "We gotta clear up a few things about our project so we'll leave now. See ya soon and Chan it was a pleasure meeting you." 

Jisung was completely oblivious about what Minho wanted to talk about. He just followed him outside where the weather was so pretty. Sun was shining but it wasn't too hot. They sat down on the stone steps. "Okay so, for real I just wanted to thank you one more time." Minho started, "these past few years have been very hard for. There have been very few people I've been able to trust. And you're the first one I feel I could tell anything. It doesn't make any sense since we don't really even know each other. About the moment with Changbin, you made me really feel safe. I feel like I'm a burden to you." Jisung just stared at Minho's face. He didn't feel like a burden he felt like a precious one who everyone should protect. Minho's eyes were glowing as if he was about to tear up. His hair was kinda messy but still looked pretty and the color was stunning dark brown. Normally Jisung wasn't the kind of person to hug others spontaneously but with Minho, it felt natural. He pulled him in a tight hug and whispered at the same time: "You're not a burden. We might not know each other well but I know you deserve someone you can trust. I'm happy it can be me."