CHAP.38 - Color to the room

MINHO POV

He woke up at almost 3 PM. Jisung was still breathing heavily and sleeping peacefully. Minho got up and went to the living room to order them some breakfast and coffee. Once the doorbell rang Minho started hearing noises from the bedroom. He had ordered some bagels and iced coffees and the food smelled amazing when he carried them to the living room. Jisung looked so funny when he walked to Minho since his hair was up and it was clear that he was a bit hangover. "I ordered us something to eat," Minho announced and turned on some chill music. Jisung threw himself to the sofa and thanked Minho for the food. The pain killer Minho had put next to Jisung's bagel was very appreciated. 

"So, how are you?" Minho asked Jisung cautiously. The answer was a beautiful wide smile and words: "Everything is just great." Jisung seemed like he was genuine and Minho smiled back at him. "Will you call your parents today?" Minho continued. "Oh yeah, definitely. I'll do that as soon as my headache goes away," Jisung laughed and pulled a blanket over himself. 

They spent the day cuddling and napping on the sofa. At one point they ordered some food and Jisung called Mrs. Moon to make sure it was okay if he stayed another night at Minho's place. It was more than okay for Mrs. Moon. "Okay, I think I'm feeling good enough to call my parents," Jisung finally said when it was already 8 PM. Minho nodded and made sure: "Do you want me to go to the other room?" Jisung shook his head and made sure Minho stayed right there with him when he was about to make the call. However, the doorbell rang right before Jisung was able to make the call. "Who's that?" Jisung asked. "I'm not sure, to be honest, but I think you should open the door," Minho answered while grinning. 

Jisung was confused but walked to the door to open it. Behind the door was standing a delivery man with a really big bouquet of roses. "Am I talking to Han Jisung?" the delivery man asked. Jisung nodded his head a little and the man handed the bouquet to him. "These are for you and I need a signature right here," the man continued handing Jisung a notebook and a pencil. After Jisung had written his name on the paper the delivery man wished him a good evening and closed the door. 

Minho's heart was thumping faster than ever before when Jisung turned around and stared right into his eyes. The roses were really beautiful and the yellow color really brightened the whole room. Slowly Jisung approached Minho and sat on the sofa with the roses before asking: "What's this all about?" Minho giggled a little before he was able to say anything reasonable. "Well, I thought..." Minho had a hard time finding words before he shook his head a little to gather his thoughts and continued: "I thought since we've been hanging a lot lately, as you know. Hopefully, you also know how much I like you and I feel like the feeling is mutual. But not at any point have we made this official so I wanted to ask if you'd be my boyfriend Jisung?"

JISUNG POV

His expression must've been more than fun. Minho was straight up crazy even though this was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for Jisung. Obviously, they were dating, there was no second thought on that matter. "You are so cute sweetie, of course, I'll be your boyfriend!" he answered loudly and put the flowers on the table to kiss Minho. There was a single tear falling down Minho's cheek, a tear of joy, and Jisung kissed it away. "I do really like you and your company makes me feel safe and happy. There's no one I'd rather spent time with," Jisung continued on expressing his feelings and cuddled Minho. 

They kept on telling each other how much they liked each other and Jisung also put the roses on a vase. After rambling on about everything for an hour Jisung realized: "Oh my god, I totally forgot about calling my parents. We'll do it right now!" Minho laughed and agreed on the decision. 

"Hey, dad!" Jisung yelled as soon as his father answered his phone. "Oh hey Jisung, how are you doing son?" his father asked. "Wait for a second, is mom also there? I'd like to talk to her too," Jisung made sure to see both of his parents. He wasn't also in the mood to tell about everything twice. His father made him wait for a second while he went to get his mother. "Sweetie, have you eaten?" his mother asked immediately when she got to the phone, "you look really tired. Have you slept well?" Jisung smiled widely seeing both of his parents. "I'm doing really well, I've eaten well and sleeping hasn't been a problem either. How are you doing in Malaysia?" Jisung asked. "Well, we've been working constantly but also have been able to see a few movies in the movie theater. We also once went to see a musical together. How has school been?" his father answered. Jisung told them all about the science project and the presentation about it that would happen only after a few weeks. "I also have some news to tell you!" Jisung claimed excitedly. "Oh no, has something happened to Mrs. Moon or Jeongin? What is it, honey? Should we call them?" his mother started overreacting immediately. "No, no, nothing like that. In fact, I just wanted to tell you that Minho and I started officially dating," Jisung told them and turned the camera at the same time to show Minho to his parents. 

His parents took the news with a lot of joy and they congratulated both of them. They also started asking a whole lot of questions from Minho who was happy to answer them. No one had ever been that positive about Minho's dating life and it felt good to feel like some adults cared about him. The phone call lasted for almost an hour before Jisung's parents said they should get going because they hadn't eaten dinner yet even though it was already late. "Love you," Jisung ended the call with his parents. "Love you too, and welcome to the family Minho," his mom and dad answered him.