✦ One

Y/n's POV 

I walked into the cantina, the door sliding shut behind me as I took in the familiar buzz of the place.

Looking around, I spotted Greef Karga's familiar face. I walked over to his booth, carefully skirting around a group of Devaronians in a heated argument. As usual, I attracted many stares from the cantina's customers, but I paid them no attention. Rolling my eyes, I slid into the seat across from him. 

"Done with those three already?" Karga asked, surprised.

I huffed and said, "For wanted smugglers, they have surprisingly bad security, not to mention the obvious lack of fighting skills."

"Right." I slid the three tracking fobs across the table to him, and he called out to someone in Huttese, signaling them to begin the offload from my ship. Greef took out a stack of credits and placed them in front of me.

"Here's your cut." He gestured to the credits and I cocked a brow. 

"These are Imperial credits. I'm not sure what you've heard, but the Empire is long gone."

"They still spend around here." I tilted my head, not giving in.

"Calamari Flan, then." I took the colorful currency and pocketed it. 

"Have anything else for me? What's your highest bounty?"

 "5,000. It's not much."

"Not worth the time or the fuel."

He hesitated, then responded, "Well, there is one job."

"No puck, I'm guessing?"

"Nope. It's face to face. Direct commission. Deep pocket."

"So it's underworld?" I questioned.

"All I know is that there's no chain code."

I pretended to ponder my answer for a bit before replying, "Ok."

Greef opened his mouth, then closed it. I groaned inwardly before continuing, "What's the catch?"

"You'll be working with... a partner... of sorts."

I furrowed my brow. "A partner? But the last time-"

"You can trust this one."

"But I-"

"Look, y/n, this guy is the best in the parsec next to you. Besides, it's only one job."

It's only one job, y/n. You'll be fine. Totally. If not, you can always kill him. No one will ever know about the Force, or your lightsaber, or you being something nobody has ever seen. 

"Fine. I'll do it."

He smiled and nodded. "Great! You'll make an unbeatable team." He looked past me and stood all of a sudden. "Speak of the devil! Y/n, meet Mando. Mando, meet y/n y/l/n. She's the one I was telling you about." 

I stood up as well, turning to look at the figure behind me. He had a shiny helmet covering his head and Beskar armor that looked like it had seen many battles. The Mandalorian nodded slightly when he noticed me. 

I extended my hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm y/n."

• • •

A/n: I know this chapter is a little short, but longer ones are on the way! Let me know if you have any suggestions for the next part. Feedback is appreciated!