✦ Three

Y/n's POV

The Razor Crest touched down on desert planet Arvala-7. As we walked down the cargo ramp, Mando and I were greeted by a strong gust of wind that blew sand against our faces.

Well, my face.

"I don't like sand," I grumbled. "It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere."

I heard a barely audible, half-suppressed snicker come from my right and rolled my eyes. The sooner this was over, the better.

We wandered further on the rocky surface of the planet. The Mandalorian used his rifle to scan the horizon for any settlements while I inspected our surroundings.

"What do you think-"

"On your left!" I yelled.

While he was looking out into the distance, Mando had missed the reptilian beast creeping up right next to him. A Blurrg, I think. The creature grabbed his right arm, pulling him backwards and throwing him onto the ground as Mando tried desperately to free himself. I fired my blasters to injure it, but they only seemed to irritate the Blurrg. However, I did get its attention. It let go of his arm, and then started to advance on me. I took out my knives, and Mando punched the creature in the eye.

Bad idea.

The creature grunted and dived forward. In a split second, it grabbed Mando's left arm and pinned him to the ground. I slashed at its side, causing it to roar in pain. Suddenly, I felt myself get thrown backwards. Another one had knocked me down and was growling in front of my face. I then remembered the metal cylinder in my pocket. What if...

Right as I was about to jump into action, the Blurrg slumped sideways, unconscious. Unfortunately, most of its weight landed on my leg. I yelped in shock and pain.

I heard a loud thump and looked over to see that the other one was unconscious as well. It had a red dart protruding from its side. Mando freed himself, and then rushed over to me.

Strange. He didn't really strike me as the compassionate type.

Mando offered me his gloved hand to help me up and I took it, feeling somewhat awkward.

"Thanks. I can stand," I murmured.

As soon as I let go, pain flared up my ankle and my knees buckled. I would have fallen if Mando hadn't caught me just in time.  

"Doesn't look like it." huffed his modulated voice. A faint blush crept up my cheeks.

"Really, y/n?" I scolded myself mentally. "You're a feared bounty hunter, and you're blushing?"

I was shaken out of my thoughts when I noticed an Ugnaught holding a tranquilizer gun sitting atop yet another Blurrg.

"Thank you," said Mando.

"You are bounty hunters," he acknowledged. 

"Yes." I nodded.

 "I will help you. I have spoken." The Ugnaught lightly kicked the side of the Blurrg, turning in the opposite direction.

I glanced at Mando, not sure if we should trust the stranger. He nodded slightly with one finger on his blaster, then wrapped an arm around my shoulders so I could walk.

After about an hour of walking, we finally came across a moisture farm. The Ugnaught, who told us his name was Kuiil, offered me a bacta patch for my ankle and I took it, grateful for some semblance of an ally on an unknown planet. He invited us inside his home and we sat down.