Chapter 33

"It's all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family."

-        Philip Green

Candice POV

The morning after, we decided to sleep-in and just enjoy each other. We both felt it was time to put aside our obligations as faction leaders with everything that comes with it, and just enjoy the day. We talked, laughed, had a shower and Eric made pancakes that we enjoyed in bed. It made a big mess, so we had to shower again, but we didn't mind it at all. I don't think I'd laughed that much with Eric before and I tried to savor every single moment of it, because I never knew when I would experience it again.

Instead of going to the training room for some extreme workout, Eric suggested we would try something different, something that would help with both balance and focus

"To be a great warrior and leader, you need to know how to stay calm and focused under pressure and this will teach you that." Eric said while explaining what we were going to do. He showed me some moves before he ushered me to join him. We were standing in the middle of the living room, only feet's apart and just did the exercise. No one said a word, the only sound that could be heard was from the buzzing noises from outside.

 No one said a word, the only sound that could be heard was from the buzzing noises from outside

That was our entire day, just Eric and me. No one came to interrupt, and we never left the apartment. When nighttime came, we curled up in bed and Eric read a book while I laid on his chest, listening to his calming heartbeats.

"I had fun today, thank you for this day." I eventually said while Eric was playing with my hair.

"I'm glad you did, you deserved it." He said and kissed my head.

"Wished it could be like this forever."

"But it can't. Tomorrow we have to go back to reality, we have obligations to fulfil and as leaders we need to be there."

"I know, but one can dream right?"

"Mmm."

"I guess tomorrow I have to tell them I don't need the apartment after all."